TCMD- INSIDE THE LOCKER THREAD

EaglesPeteC

If you guys post the position you plan to play the draft prospect in terms of the team roster positions I can plug them in as that so they'll be sorted correctly.

For example, Roquan Smith is listed as ILB but if you plan to play he him on the weak side write 43OLB.

or Edmunds is listed as OLB but if you planned to play him at end put 43DE.

@LuckyNumber11

@bcb1213

@SirA1

@NickChowaniec

@BringinDaPain

@winitall

@sparky151

@cortes02

@Desperado82

@BowserBroncos

@IDOG_det

@squire12

@jch1911

@Counselor

@IrishHooligan00

@samsel23

@ChaRisMa 

@Fragafootball

@mountainpd

@PurpleMugen

@whodatOL

@Deadpulse 

@KingOfTheDot 

@daineraider

@EaglesPeteC 

@davidderion

@Forge

@One Punch Man

@Trojan

@DTMW78

@Cbrunn

FREE AGENCY NEWS

Round 8 Free Agency Bidding (Vet Min APY)

• Deadline to have contracts created - Fri, Mar 9th @ 9pm

• FA Bidding Results - Fri, Mar 9th @ 10pm

The latest news this week in the world of free agents is 100% of the contracts being offered is rumored guaranteed to sign.  Not a ton of action from the 32 teams though, as the majority of most rosters are being filled with draft selections as ten teams remain active in free agency, taking advantage of the insanely low prices that the agents are seeking.

If you've missed out on a position, now is the time to fill that void by making an offer on a veteran that is willing and able to play at least another year.

@LuckyNumber11

@bcb1213

@SirA1

@NickChowaniec

@BringinDaPain

@winitall

@sparky151

@cortes02

@Desperado82

@BowserBroncos

@IDOG_det

@squire12

@jch1911

@Counselor

@IrishHooligan00

@samsel23

@ChaRisMa 

@Fragafootball

@mountainpd

@PurpleMugen

@whodatOL

@Deadpulse 

@KingOfTheDot 

@daineraider

@EaglesPeteC 

@davidderion

@Forge

@One Punch Man

@Trojan

@DTMW78

@Cbrunn

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

What were the results for round 8?

Mike said he was busy last night and would release them sometime this morning, afternoon when he gets time. I'd have quoted it but I think it's probably a few pages back in the discussion thread.

*****FREE AGENCY BIDDING ROUND 8 RESULTS*****

TOP 5 WINNING CONTRACTS

Name Pos. Exp. Grade Base Salary Prorated Roster Bonus W/O Bonus Cap Number Winning Team
Mike Glennon QB 5 67.9% $1,000,000 $1,600,000 $4,000,000 $400,000 $7,000,000 CLE
Geno Smith QB 5 78.3% $2,000,000 $1,000,000     $3,000,000 HOU
Julius Thomas TE 7 51.8% $2,000,000 $250,000     $2,250,000 CHI
Robert Ayers 43DE 9 96.4% $3,900,000 $125,000     $4,025,000 CIN
Darian Stewart S 5 58.7% $1,500,000 $700,000     $2,200,000 NYJ

@LuckyNumber11

@bcb1213

@SirA1

@NickChowaniec

@BringinDaPain

@winitall

@sparky151

@cortes02

@Desperado82

@BowserBroncos

@IDOG_det

@squire12

@jch1911

@Counselor

@IrishHooligan00

@samsel23

@ChaRisMa 

@Fragafootball

@mountainpd

@PurpleMugen

@whodatOL

@Deadpulse 

@KingOfTheDot 

@daineraider

@EaglesPeteC 

@davidderion

@Forge

@One Punch Man

@Trojan

@DTMW78

@Cbrunn

The Cleveland Browns and QB Mike Glennon came to a mutual understanding that it would be in the best interest of both parties for him to come to Cleveland.  It allows Glennon the opportunity to essentially prove to the rest of the league that he can be a viable starter with this two year deal (really one year since he most likely would be let go before the following league year).  He will have more weapons to work then he has in the past with a totally revamped receiving core, a now deep RB stable, and a solid OL.  Glennon understands that this is Darnolds team in the future and is using this opportunity as a showcase/audition for other NFL teams. For the Cleveland Browns, this allows them to sit Sam Darnold for a year to get acclimated to the NFL game, work on his mechanics, and work on ball security.  It also brings a veteran with more then just one year of experience to the team which was desperately lacking last season. 

Peace!!!

Had the wrong day in my head.

Giving you all 15 minutes before I lock the workbooks.

Round 9 Free Agency Bidding (Vet Min APY)

• Deadline to have contracts created - Sun, Mar 11th @ 9pm  

• FA Bidding Results - Sun, Mar 11th @ 10pm

• NOTE:  Daylight Savings Time (Spring Forward)

@LuckyNumber11

@bcb1213

@SirA1

@NickChowaniec

@BringinDaPain

@winitall

@sparky151

@cortes02

@Desperado82

@BowserBroncos

@IDOG_det

@squire12

@jch1911

@Counselor

@IrishHooligan00

@samsel23

@ChaRisMa 

@Fragafootball

@mountainpd

@PurpleMugen

@whodatOL

@Deadpulse 

@KingOfTheDot 

@daineraider

@EaglesPeteC 

@davidderion

@Forge

@One Punch Man

@Trojan

@DTMW78

@Cbrunn

*****FREE AGENCY BIDDING RESULTS ROUND 9*****

TOP 5 CONTRACTS

Name Pos. Exp. Grade Vet. Min. Base Salary Base Guar. Prorated Roster Bonus W/O Bonus Cap Number Winning Team
Adam Jones CB 11 45.4% $1,015,000 $1,528,542   $0     $1,528,542 LAR
Sharrif Floyd 43DT 4 0.0% $790,000 $1,500,000   $0     $1,500,000 SEA
Nate Allen S 8 25.0% $915,000 $915,000   $500,000     $1,415,000 CHI
Michael Johnson 43DE 9 71.0% $915,000 $1,400,000   $0     $1,400,000 CHI
Michael Johnson 43DE 9 71.0% $915,000 $1,400,000   $0     $1,400,000 CHI

@LuckyNumber11

@bcb1213

@SirA1

@NickChowaniec

@BringinDaPain

@winitall

@sparky151

@cortes02

@Desperado82

@BowserBroncos

@IDOG_det

@squire12

@jch1911

@Counselor

@IrishHooligan00

@samsel23

@ChaRisMa 

@Fragafootball

@mountainpd

@PurpleMugen

@whodatOL

@Deadpulse 

@KingOfTheDot 

@daineraider

@EaglesPeteC 

@davidderion

@Forge

@One Punch Man

@Trojan

@DTMW78

@Cbrunn

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 2018 OFF SEASON SUMMARY.

(I still got 1 pick left but I'm bored now, so I'll take a run at this with a little more work left to do)

OFFENSE

QB- Carson Wentz/Mark Sanchez/Nate Sudfield 

The big move was trading away Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles, but that trade was critical in opening up cap space and replenishing picks through the draft. I will take the risk that Wentz will be ready and Sanchez/Sudfield with the rest of this team around them can keep the Eagles afloat for the first 4 weeks or so. Speaking of Sanchez, he certainly has had his low-lights in his career, but also has show that with a defense, o-line and a running game like the Eagles have, he can win you games. Sudfield will get an oppertunity to beat Sanchez out in training camp as the #2 and perhaps year 1 starter.

RB- Jay Ajayi/Darren Sproles/Corey Clement/Nyhiem Hines/Donnell Pumphrey/Wendell Smallwood

Blount left in Free Agency but I resigned Sproles for his victory lap season. Sproles is still a dangerous weapon on offense and in the return game. Drafting Nyhiem Hines gives the Eagles another weapon in the short and long term. His speed and elusiveness can really add big play ability to this roster. Pumphrey and Smallwood will both have to prove their worth to make the team. 

WR- Alshon Jeffrey/Nelson Agholor (slot)/John Brown/Ryan Grant/Mack Hollins/Shelton Gibson/Marcus Johnson/Greg Ward/Marquess Wilson/Bryce Treggs/Dominique Williams

After getting rid of Torrey Smith, I added John Brown on a cheaper per year deal to take his place as the outside burner WR. Brown will have the ability to take the top off a defense and really compliment Alshon and Agholor. Ryan Grant was a late FA addition that I am very excited about. A small receiver that can make the occasional big play, be a factor on special teams and work the slot as well. Mack Hollins also adds tremendous depth as my #5. The rest of the guys will battle it out for 1 WR spot left (maybe) in training camp.

TE- Zach Ertz/Dallas Goedart/Luke Wilson/Billy Brown/Adam Zaruda/Justin Perkins

Lots of turnover at this position with Brent Celek cut and Trey Burton leaving in free agency. Luke Wilson was a top free agent target because he really reminds me of what Brent Celek did at his best. A solid receiver and a good blocker. He will really be an asset on this team. Despite adding Wilson and having a top 3 TE in Zach Ertz, I still used my top pick on TE Dallas Goedart. The Eagles loved using their 3 TE sets a year ago and Goedart was the best player on my board by far. The Eagles 3 TE sets actually looks to be even more dynamic than it was a year ago and could be down right scary in the redzone.

LT- Halapoulivaati Vaitai/ Chukwumba Okorafor

Still mad I was forced to get rid of Jason Peters. I wouldn't do that IRL but it had to be done in this scenario because that is how the game is played. I feel good about Vaitai at LT. Perhaps in camp, the Eagles could decide to move Johnson to LT if they think that is the best combo as well. I used the 2019 2nd I got from the Foles trade to just back into the 3rd and grab Okorafor who is a developmental player with high upside. He does not need to rush into playing and will get time to develop those natural skill sets.

LG- Stefan Wisnewski/James Hurst /Brandon Thomas

After LG roulette for the first half of the season, the Eagles settled on Stefan Wisnewski, who played really well down the stretch. I added James Hurst on a dirt cheap deal. He was a starter with the Ravens and got a nice contract IRL. He'll provide great depth and will allow me to have options in 2019. Thomas is a camp body.

C- Jason Kelce/Issac Seumalo/John Toth

Kelce is an All-Pro and Seumalo will focus on just Center after failing at the LG job. Toth is a camp body.

RG- Brandon Brooks/Chance Warmack/Darrelle Green

No changes from last season. Warmack might get cut in camp with the addition of Hurst. Green is a Practice Squad player at best.

RT- Lane Johnson/Vadal Alexander

Lane Johnson is an All Pro RT. I was able to pick up Vadal Alexander in trade who will be a mauling backup with some starting experience and can also swing inside to guard if need to. 

DEFENSE

LDE- Brandon Graham/Tank Carradine/Ryan Russell   RDE- Derek Barnett/Chris Long/Steven Means/Keionta Davis

The depth of the Eagles defensive line was a strength for them in 2017. Graham, Barnett and Long all return in the leading roles. I traded Curry for cap reasons but I feel like I replaced his production for literally pennies on the dollar with a Tank Carradine. Ryan Russell and Keionta Davis are fliers of talented DE players that will compete for a roster spot.

DT- Fletcher Cox/Timmy Jernigan/Elijah Qualls/Cedric Thornton/Trenton Thompson/Destiny Vaeao/Aziz ****tu

I added a couple bodies to this room that will all compete together. Fletcher Cox and Timmy Jernigan are the two starters but behind them 4 guys will compete for 2 spots with last year's draft pick Elijah Qualls, this year's draft pick Trenton Thompson, former UDFA that has hung around for good depth Destiny Vaeo and veteran on his second tour of duty in Philly, Cedric Thornton. Let the best two guys win in this camp battle.

SAM- Nigel Bradham/Nate Gerry/Kamu Grugier Hill  MIKE- Jordan Hicks/Gerald Hodges/Joe Walker  WIL- Mychal Kendricks/Darius Leonard

The real Eagles look not to be resigning Bradham but I felt it was a necessity. He was one of the best LB's in the league last year and was a boss in the pass game in coverage last year. I added Gerald Hodges as a really cheap backup LB with playing experience who can sub in any spot in the LB corps. Picking up Darius Leonard in the 2nd will allow me to cut or trade Kendricks in 2019, so I can resign MLB Jordan Hicks next offseaon. But I can keep Kendricks this year to let Leonard develop.

LCB- Ronald Darby/Sidney Jones/Patrick Robinson/Jalen Mills/Rasul Douglas/Dontae Johnson/Cyrus Jones/Randell Goforth/Elie Bouka

Two years ago the Eagles had a dreadful group of CB's now it might be a strength on the team. I resigned Patrick Robinson for a year because he was one of the best slot Corners in the league in 2017. I feel good about any of my top 5 CB's playing. Johnson and Cyrus Jones will compete for that last spot on the roster. The last 2 guys are camp bodies.

FS- Rodney McLeod/Jessie Bates III/Chris Maragos SS- Malcolm Jenkins/Cody Davis/Tre Sullivan

I added Cody Davis in free agency who is a good special teams player and coverage S. He might make longtime special teams ace Chris Maragos expendable in camp to save some money. I also drafted Jessie Bates who is a very rangy safety and could be a perfect fit for how they use their safeties. He'll get a year to develop as the #4 S and between him and Davis, they could make McLeod a candidate to be cut or traded in 2019 to free up cash to pay players like Hicks, Agholor, or Brandon Graham.

Archived