1970s Fantasy - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

In this thread we will be deciding the 5th entrant into the FF Best Movie Ever Tournament - Fantasy movie from the 1970s!

Please see rules at the following thread:

Nominations are open! Please be clear that you are nominating flicks. Movies with 3+ nominations will make it into the polling phase. POSTERS WILL BE LIMITED TO FIVE NOMINATIONS. If you nominate more than 5 I will only count the top five. The changes in edited posts will not be counted. Nominations will close Monday, 6/10/2020 at 4:00pm EST. 

@Calvert28@Uncle Buck @THE DUKE   @Dome @The Orca @August4th @thrILL! @Malfatron @Elky @daboyle250 @rackcs @MikeT14 @Daniel @MWil23 @seminoles1 @scar988 @JoshstraDaymus @JonStark @animaltested @Ozzy @Bullet Club @AlexGreen#20 @Fresh Prince @KManX89 @TENINCH @SlevinKelevra @bucsfan333 @Ray Reed @Bucketheadsdad @kingseanjohn@Pickle Rick

Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
Valerie and Her Week of Wonders

Willy Wonka should get 100% of the vote here, no reason not to and nothing else comes close.  PS this is the real Willy Wonka, the remake to me was crap compared to this classic.  Included Valerie and Her Week of Wonders just because, I gave it two out of five stars, has some dirty parts to it that honestly ruin the film completely, but visually has some really standout parts and artistically it is freaking awesome at times.  Too bad the story is absolute crap and it is just a bunch of random stuff it seems that does not ultimately come together at all in the end.  Beautiful movie at times but too much trash in it to be considered memorable in any regard, but fits the category.  

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Disney's Robin Hood (aka the second best Disney movie of all time)

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

I'll stick to four for now, in case there are some others I missed.

• Like 1

Just now, Daniel said:

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Disney's Robin Hood (aka the second best Disney movie of all time)

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

I'll stick to four for now, in case there are some others I missed.

I love that Disney Robin Hood movie, it is an amazing animated film, but if The Little Mermaid cannot get in, or Beauty and the Beast, this should not either regardless of how great it is.  Monty Python and the Holy Grail is a comedy only to me, no reason to say it is fantasy regardless of what IMDb.  If that is a fantasy then what so is Robin Hood Men in Tights?  

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

I love that Disney Robin Hood movie, it is an amazing animated film, but if The Little Mermaid cannot get in, or Beauty and the Beast, this should not either regardless of how great it is.  Monty Python and the Holy Grail is a comedy only to me, no reason to say it is fantasy regardless of what IMDb.  If that is a fantasy then what so is Robin Hood Men in Tights?  

It's King Arthur, man.  That's as fantasy as it gets, unless you think fantasy can't also be comedy, full stop.  I guess we need to retroactively unnominate Ghostbusters, Gremlins, and Beetlejuice.

And sure, Men in Tights counts too.  Why not?

And Little Mermaid is not on par with Robin Hood.  Beauty and the Beast, eh, it's closer.  But nah.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Daniel said:

It's King Arthur, man.  That's as fantasy as it gets, unless you think fantasy can't also be comedy, full stop.  I guess we need to retroactively unnominate Ghostbusters, Gremlins, and Beetlejuice.

And sure, Men in Tights counts too.  Why not?

And Little Mermaid is not on par with Robin Hood.  Beauty and the Beast, eh, it's closer.  But nah.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail is at the core a comedy so it stays there to me, what 90% of it is comedy and sure 10% is the mythology or whatever  but really it is just a different source jokes.  Ghostbusters I did not nominate but sure might win this out of default, I view it as a comedy really, Gremlins is a crappy horror movie, Beetlejuice is the same but is more a goth comedy really.  The Little Mermaid is a superior animated film to Robin Hood, same with Beauty at the Beast but Robin Hood is arguably top 5 no question.  

22 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Star Wars - (If this loses to the dreck that is Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, this whole tournament is a sham).

No need to nominate any more.

It's already up for Sci Fi. Can't be nominated again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:
29 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Star Wars - (If this loses to the dreck that is Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, this whole tournament is a sham).

No need to nominate any more.

It's already up for Sci Fi. Can't be nominated again.

This is correct.