1980s Drama - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

In this thread we will be deciding the 4th entrant into the FF Best Movie Ever Tournament - Drama movie from the 1980s!

Please see rules at the following thread:

Nominations are open! Please be clear that you are nominating flicks. Movies with 3+ nominations will make it into the polling phase. POSTERS WILL BE LIMITED TO FIVE NOMINATIONS. If you nominate more than 5 I will only count the top five. The changes in edited posts will not be counted. Nominations will close Friday, 6/26/2020 at 4:00pm EST. 

@Calvert28@Uncle Buck @THE DUKE   @Dome @The Orca @August4th @thrILL! @Malfatron @Elky @daboyle250 @rackcs @MikeT14 @Daniel @MWil23 @seminoles1 @scar988 @JoshstraDaymus @JonStark @animaltested @Ozzy @Bullet Club @AlexGreen#20 @Fresh Prince @KManX89 @TENINCH @SlevinKelevra @bucsfan333 @Ray Reed @Bucketheadsdad @kingseanjohn@Pickle Rick

4 minutes ago, August4th said:

Come and See

Do The Right Thing

Paris, texas

Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters

Amadeus

This is an underrated movie.  Super weird though.

I'm probably voting for Amadeus because that movie is ******* amazing, but it's also definitely getting nommed, so instead, I'll nominate other great films.

Akira (because classic)

Kiki's Delivery Service (because it's incredibly impressive that they pulled off that good of a children's movie with no antagonist at all)

Do the Right Thing (because it's still Spike Lee's best movie)

Raging Bull (one of DeNiro's best performances)

I'll leave the fifth one off for now.

32 minutes ago, Daniel said:

This is an underrated movie.  Super weird though.

I'm probably voting for Amadeus because that movie is ******* amazing, but it's also definitely getting nommed, so instead, I'll nominate other great films.

Akira (because classic)

Kiki's Delivery Service (because it's incredibly impressive that they pulled off that good of a children's movie with no antagonist at all)

Do the Right Thing (because it's still Spike Lee's best movie)

Raging Bull (one of DeNiro's best performances)

I'll leave the fifth one off for now.

Im sad I forgot about Kiki's Delivery Service. Missed it on Adventure too.

3 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Glory

Mississippi Burning

An Officer and a Gentleman

The Breakfast Club

The Untouchables

Never thought of Mississippi Burning, I love that movie.  An Officer and a Gentleman to me is totally a romance all the way though, did not really like The Untouchables though.    

I would say these, Stand By Me is one of my favorites, same with Dead Poets Society.  Love Glory as well and My Left Foot is historic.  

Stand By Me 
Mississippi Burning
Dead Poets Society 
My Left Foot 
Glory 

Missed the cut:
Rain Man 
Terms of Endearment 
Platoon 
Born on the 4th of July
The Elephant Man
Casualties of War 
The Color of Money

3 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

First Blood

Field of Dreams

Rocky 3

Stand By Me

Breakfast Club

**** was Field of Dreams nominated in the fantasy category?  Son of a ***** no!  That is totally a better fantasy film than Ghostbusters or The Thing.  Damn missed that one, I guess could maybe be put here but to me it is more fantasy.  

24 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

**** was Field of Dreams nominated in the fantasy category?  Son of a ***** no!  That is totally a better fantasy film than Ghostbusters or The Thing.  Damn missed that one, I guess could maybe be put here but to me it is more fantasy.  

I completely forgot about it at the time

22 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I completely forgot about it at the time

I did as well, sucks because honestly I would have voted for it all the way and to me it would have and could have won.  

The Thing (its a psychological drama)

Blue Velvet (my favorite David Lynch movie)

On Golden Pond (Henry Fonda picking berries is always riveting)

Rivers Edge (Crispin Glover is excellent)

Vampire's Kiss (one of Nic Cages best performances)

• Like 1