2020 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

I don't expect a work stoppage but agree a new CBA isn't likely before the start of the 2020 league year. 

For the keeper league, if you are using the NFL salary cap, 2021 is currently scheduled to be an uncapped year as it's after expiry of the current CBA.

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

I don't expect a work stoppage but agree a new CBA isn't likely before the start of the 2020 league year. 

For the keeper league, if you are using the NFL salary cap, 2021 is currently scheduled to be an uncapped year as it's after expiry of the current CBA.

So let's plan on doing the two tag and if anything gets worked before we start we'll revert back to just the one.

Just my opinion but I figure they'll have a new cba signed before too long but regardless if we start it without a cba, then we end it without a cba.  That way no one gets shorted by changing it during the mock.

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Not even sure how an uncapped year would even work tbh...

I've put the keeper league on hold at least for the time being, but it's something we could kick back up again prior to the nfl draft, I'm considering starting a new forum and I didn't want to start something that locked me into ff.  

@LuckyNumber11 @Techbert @Jlash @nayad @PR @FRock24 @sparky151 @cortes02 @D82 @BowserBroncos @winitall @squire12 @jch1911 @Counselor @Trojan @samsel23 @TedLavie @wwhickok @jrry32 @mountainpd @MikeT14 @whodatOL @Deadpulse @YogiBiz @KingOfTheDot @DTMW78 @EaglesPeteC @Cbrunn @Justone2 @Juan7637 @rackcs @bcb1213 @mike23md

Pending the Bears GM getting approved, which I believe is a done deal...We are at capacity.  Wanted to say thanks again for entertaining me another year by continuing to join and for the new guys, I look forward to working with you all.

Our scheduled start date is Feb. 3rd but now that we have all 32 members assigned a team along with myself and Ted as co GM's we can officially start conducting trades Jan. 27th.  Still a little ways out so please keep your shirt on...nobody wants to see it. 

I'm also wanting to get about 6 of you guys to test the FA transaction workbook by making some false contracts.  New guys this would be a great opportunity for you to get familiar with the workbooks we'll be using.

Should be a lot of fun.

Thanks

Mike

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

@LuckyNumber11 @Techbert @Jlash @nayad @PR @FRock24 @sparky151 @cortes02 @D82 @BowserBroncos @winitall @squire12 @jch1911 @Counselor @Trojan @samsel23 @TedLavie @wwhickok @jrry32 @mountainpd @MikeT14 @whodatOL @Deadpulse @YogiBiz @KingOfTheDot @DTMW78 @EaglesPeteC @Cbrunn @Justone2 @Juan7637 @rackcs @bcb1213 @mike23md

Pending the Bears GM getting approved, which I believe is a done deal...We are at capacity.  Wanted to say thanks again for entertaining me another year by continuing to join and for the new guys, I look forward to working with you all.

Our scheduled start date is Feb. 3rd but now that we have all 32 members assigned a team along with myself and Ted as co GM's we can officially start conducting trades Jan. 27th.  Still a little ways out so please keep your shirt on...nobody wants to see it. 

I'm also wanting to get about 6 of you guys to test the FA transaction workbook by making some false contracts.  New guys this would be a great opportunity for you to get familiar with the workbooks we'll be using.

Should be a lot of fun.

Thanks

Mike

Is tagging and trading still forbidden?

4 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

also wanting to get about 6 of you guys to test the FA transaction workbook by making some false contracts.  New guys this would be a great opportunity for you to get familiar with the workbooks we'll be using

Count me in. Of course, if the new guys want to do that given them the preference.

Edited by BowserBroncos
  • Like 1

Just now, jrry32 said:

Is tagging and trading still forbidden?

What I've done with that is once you tag a player, the contract amount hits your cap.  You must wait until the tender offer sheet phase has concluded before you are allowed to trade a tagged or tendered player.  This keeps that guaranteed dollar amount on your roster for about a week, making it a risky move because things happen that could result in a potential agreed upon trade early on not happening after waiting a week.  With the tender offer sheet concluding after the first round of bidding things change pretty quick.

I'm hoping that this detours teams from doing this a lot but still allows the team the control to do it, if they must.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

What I've done with that is once you tag a player, the contract amount hits your cap.  You must wait until the tender offer sheet phase has concluded before you are allowed to trade a tagged or tendered player.  This keeps that guaranteed dollar amount on your roster for about a week, making it a risky move because things happen that could result in a potential agreed upon trade early on not happening after waiting a week.  With the tender offer sheet concluding after the first round of bidding things change pretty quick.

I'm hoping that this detours teams from doing this a lot but still allows the team the control to do it, if they must.

Basically, you can do it if you're willing to wait until after the first round of FA to complete the trade? That seems realistic.

12 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Basically, you can do it if you're willing to wait until after the first round of FA to complete the trade? That seems realistic.

Right....So tag deadline is Feb 7th and Feb 12th is the deadline to match or decline tender offer sheets, so 5 days min. holding onto that cap amount.  

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

Should be a lot of fun.

Thanks

Mike

I would highly suggest any of the new GM's take the opportunity to test out the workbooks.  Makes things a lot easier once the real action starts.  

• Like 2