TCMD- INSIDE THE LOCKER THREAD

EaglesPeteC

INSIDE THE LOCKER - GENERAL MANAGER INTERVIEWS

We here at TCMD love to hear from you guys so we've created a list of questions in form format, because, "if it isn't in a google doc, then this ain't Mike's mock".

Take some time and complete the form below and we'll post your responses in the forum in a few days.

******GM Interview Questions Form******

We promise not to laugh....hard.

giphy.gif

@LuckyNumber11

@bcb1213

@SirA1

@NickChowaniec

@BringinDaPain

@winitall

@sparky151

@cortes02

@Desperado82

@BowserBroncos

@IDOG_det

@squire12

@jch1911

@Counselor

@IrishHooligan00

@samsel23

@ChaRisMa 

@Fragafootball

@mountainpd

@PurpleMugen

@whodatOL

@Deadpulse 

@KingOfTheDot 

@daineraider

@EaglesPeteC 

@davidderion

@Forge

@One Punch Man

@Trojan

@DTMW78

@Cbrunn

@ny92jefferis

The Marry, Boff, Kill question doesn't make sense. We need 3 options to chose from.

For example:

Marry, Boff, Kill: Bill Belechick, Tom Brady and Robert Kraft?

Then we all chose who you'd marry, who you'd boff and who you'd kill. 

BTW the correct answer is

Marry Robert Kraft for the money

Kill B.B because is a grumpy old goose 

Boff Tom Brady because, let's face it. that is a handsome man and we all know it.

FREE AGENCY ROUND 3 REACTIONS

(I started to do this last night then my laptop wanted to be a Turd Ferguson)

- The Cardinals resigned a paint store mogul.........oh wait. That is Sherwin Williams

-The Falcons flew under the radar and got some nice veteran depth this round in Haloti Ngata and Matt Slauson. Ngata can help ease the loss of Dontari Poe

-The Ravens are hoping the Davon House can return to form of 3 years ago because his last few season have been really rough.

-Benny Cunningham is the most notable signing by the Bears this round which is really saying something about the rest of their signings...

-The Bengals spent this round signing their elderly depth

-The Browns got a nice signing by picking up veteran slot corner Captain Munnerlyn. He could be a steadying force in the CB room. They will also attempt to revive the career of former top 5 pick Greg Robinson. I wouldn't hold my breath Browns' fans.

-The Cowboys had perhaps the best signing of the round by grabbing DT Bennie Logan. 

-Denver didn't win this round because all they signed was Billy Winn.

-The Lions had a really strong round signing 4 players who can provide really good veteran depth in Tavon Wilson, Lamaar Houston, Troy Niklas and Spencer Long.

- The Packers signed G Michael Schofield and I'd have more to say if I knew who that was

- Sam Acho finds his way back to Texas to try and add pass rush to Houston's defense

-The Colts finally spent some cash throwing some significant money to resign CB Rashaan Melvin. Don't sleep on the Jarron Brown signing as he is now the front runner to replace Donte Moncrief

-The Jags went after Matt Moore to backup Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles. They have a very solid QB room now. I wouldn't be surprised to see them draft a QB to develop behind these two vets.

-KC signs both Blaine Gabbert and Matt Barkley to make Patrick Mohomes look that much better by comparison.

-The Chargers signed former Chiefs CB Terrance Mitchell who struggled at points but also showed promise at other times. It'll be interesting to see what they can get out of him.

-The Dolphins resign Walt Aikins who has been bouncing between CB and S. I wonder where he will play.

-The Pats resigned some of their younger depth by retaining Brandon Bolden and Marquis Flowers

-Chase Daniel continues to get paid not to play football as he was resigned by the Saints.

-The Giants tossed around a lot of money this round again highlighted by CB David Amerson. He's  had an up and down career. We'll see how he replaces DRC. They also signed Patrick Worrilow, Devon Kennard and Orleans Darkwa.

-The Jets are spending money now but I don't think they are getting bang for their buck. 11 million on Allen Hurns is too much as is 8 million for Luke Joeckel. However, It was smart for them to bring back Demarrio Davis.

-The Raiders focused on cheap reclamation projects this round and they'll see what they can get out of Blair Walsh and David Yankey 

-The Eagles got veteran defensive depth players this round. Keep an eye out for Cody Davis. He was a top 15 coverage S according to PFF before he lost time to injury. He could make some impact for the World Champs.

-A once promising player turned journeyman CB Bene Benwikere will try and stick in Pittsburgh

-The Seahawks bring back former Chip Kelly first round pick Marcus Smith. Somebody get that man a smoothie!

-The 49ers, with money to burn, burnt some on Anthony Hitches and Dion Lewis. Both players got overpaid, but it is not like SF is hurting for cap space.

-The Titans will bring in EJ Manuel as the backup to Marcus Mariota. This might be his last chance to see if he can hang in this league.

-

FREE AGENCY NEWS 

General managers remain focused on locking down their own free agents.  Offers continue to trickle in as the clock counts down to the deadline, scheduled to end tonight at 9pm EST.

Negotiations with the player's agents seem to be going well for most teams as over 80% of the current offers is enough to secure the players demands.  However, there seems to be at least one team that will be walking away empty handed.  Rumor is that, this isn't the first time the team has underbid on talent this year in the free agency.

After being notified of what the cost needed to sign their rookies for the first year, several teams have backed off on their spending in free agency.  Most notably the Giants, Cowboys and the Rams have all found themselves struggling to bring in talent with a limited cap.

The first round of bidding had a total amount of $374,537,634 removed from team's available cap in 2018,  this round the projected total amount is $110,749,885.  While the asking prices are decreasing slightly each round of bidding teams continue to pay what they feel will guarantee the player signs the contract.  In fact, the previous two rounds of free agency, teams on average are paying 80% more in APY than the player is even asking for, but trying to get back to paying contracts closer to what the player is seeking in salary,  at this point, could backfire.  The entire league would have to make the shift to paying less in order for it to work, as just a few changing would just lead to them losing out to teams willing to continue to pay more.

7 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

FREE AGENCY ROUND 3 REACTIONS

-The Ravens are hoping the Davon House can return to form of 3 years ago because his last few season have been really rough.

You mean Buffalo? Baltimore is stacked at CB which is why I've been laughing at the contracts handed out lately.

Archived