2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

5 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I hear ya...unfortunately to alter it now would require reloading both the official and unofficial workbooks with player data.

I can revisit the UFA listing and adjust that if that helps.   

Don’t want to create more work for you. Sure it’s fine. Could we limit maximum contract offered to 5 so the signing bonus is spread more or even 6. Can’t remember want it was limited to last few years. Think it was 5 but not sure.

24 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

Don’t want to create more work for you. Sure it’s fine. Could we limit maximum contract offered to 5 so the signing bonus is spread more or even 6. Can’t remember want it was limited to last few years. Think it was 5 but not sure.

Yeah it was 5 years

47 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

Yeah it was 5 years

It was 5 I believe, just based on the max average of what most contract lengths were.

Let me get these formula errors worked out first but remind me.  I think 6 max would be a solid number but lets discuss this next week.

I'll be working on the draft order / dollar amounts tonight so expect your available cap to change slightly.  

Calculation for rookie pool is base salary x number of draft picks.  Last year the base salary was 510k this year it's going up to 660k.

@LuckyNumber11 @swoosh @ravens5520 @KingOfNewYork @BringinDaPain @Forge @sparky151 @cortes02 @D82 @BowserBroncos @winitall @squire12 @jch1911 @Counselor @pwny @samsel23 @Trojan @carrolljcmc @dcat @FinneasGage @Uncle Buck @DoleINGout @JetsandI @ny92mike @bcb1213 @T-rade @Cbrunn @Justone2 @Heymangold @mountainpd @Daniel @MikeT14

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I'll be working on the draft order / dollar amounts tonight so expect your available cap to change slightly.  

Calculation for rookie pool is base salary x number of draft picks.  Last year the base salary was 510k this year it's going up to 660k.

@LuckyNumber11 @swoosh @ravens5520 @KingOfNewYork @BringinDaPain @Forge @sparky151 @cortes02 @D82 @BowserBroncos @winitall @squire12 @jch1911 @Counselor @pwny @samsel23 @Trojan @carrolljcmc @dcat @FinneasGage @Uncle Buck @DoleINGout @JetsandI @ny92mike @bcb1213 @T-rade @Cbrunn @Justone2 @Heymangold @mountainpd @Daniel @MikeT14

So in other words, we need to keep 660K x the number of drafted players over and above what we are paying everyone else on the salary cap?

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

Draft Board has been updated with the latest order as well as salary amounts.

Give your private workbooks a couple minutes to update.

Edited by ny92mike
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Okay... I guess I will need long long long walkthrough session.

Do I have to type players' data in FA and other sections?  I tried to copy and paste.  no luck.

I deleted a player's cap hit, the team cap number didn't change at all.

Workbooks are protected.. duh!

8 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Okay... I guess I will need long long long walkthrough session.

Do I have to type players' data in FA and other sections?  I tried to copy and paste.  no luck.

I deleted a player's cap hit, the team cap number didn't change at all.

Happy to help with as many questions as you have. Drop me a PM if you want to ask multiple at any one time and I’m sure we can work it through.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, squire12 said:

Might be hard to get 24 owners to vote on that cap if some of their teams will need to cut players to get under that amount.

Well, that's the point. The CBA has a formula for revenue sharing that determines the cap for a year based on revenue in the prior year. This past summer with empty stadia looking likely, the owners and union agreed that no matter what the cap for 2021 would be no lower than 175 mil.  This piece from PFT says the 2020 revenue numbers are now in and the cap for 2021 will be 180 mil unless there is agreement between the union (only requires majority approval) and the owners (requires 3/4) for another number.  As long as 9 or more owners prefer the lower number, then that's where the cap will be. 

So, imo we're offtrack in using a much higher number. If every team in the mock has an extra 25 mil, then franchise tags will be used more freely than in real life, and the market in the mock won't be representative of what our real life counterparts are facing. Basically, it helps the cap-strapped teams and hurts the teams with a good bit of cap space.  So I think we should use the 180 mil number for the cap in the mock.

14 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Well, that's the point. The CBA has a formula for revenue sharing that determines the cap for a year based on revenue in the prior year. This past summer with empty stadia looking likely, the owners and union agreed that no matter what the cap for 2021 would be no lower than 175 mil.  This piece from PFT says the 2020 revenue numbers are now in and the cap for 2021 will be 180 mil unless there is agreement between the union (only requires majority approval) and the owners (requires 3/4) for another number.  As long as 9 or more owners prefer the lower number, then that's where the cap will be. 

with so many teams being in a tight spot, it might be hard to get that to happen

14 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

So, imo we're offtrack in using a much higher number. If every team in the mock has an extra 25 mil, then franchise tags will be used more freely than in real life, and the market in the mock won't be representative of what our real life counterparts are facing. Basically, it helps the cap-strapped teams and hurts the teams with a good bit of cap space.  So I think we should use the 180 mil number for the cap in the mock.

The cap had to be set at some point well before the actual cap number is set.  the best info at the time the decision was made was used.    lamenting about it now likely doesn't solve anything.  

If it would have been set at 175, it might have been pretty hard to get people to take some teams.

• Like 2