Total Control GM Mock Draft Suggestions / Feedback

ny92mike

• 4 weeks later...

@LuckyNumber11 @whodatOL @Ghostnote @KingOfNewYork @BringinDaPain @Forge @sparky151 @MKnight82@cortes02 @JWingate @BowserBroncos @winitall @squire12 @jch1911 @Counselor @samsel23 @Trojan @carrolljcmc @EaglesPeteC @FinneasGage @DoleINGout@bcb1213 @T-rade @Cbrunn @Justone2 @mountainpd @Daniel @MikeT14 @drfrey13 @Deadpulse @YogiBiz @SerenityNow

Could use some feedback on this issue with switching to Spotrac to collect player information.  The reason I've never used this site in the past is because they do not provide a column for base guarantees and pulling it manually one player at a time is out of the question.  

This effects the following transactions:

• Trades
    • Trades are a bit different that releasing a player as base guarantees are carried over to the new team.
  • Releasing players
    • Where the base guarantee is turned into dead money
  • Extensions / Restructures
    • These guarantees are carried over into the new contract.

I'm probably missing something here, but with us forced to use spotrac now because OTC has recently changed their layout and now doesn't list the players position, we are forced to remove the calculations for base guarantees.  Making it easier now to release and trade players.

If any of you have a solution to fix this I'm all ears, if not plan on seeing some changes for next season.

2 hours ago, ny92mike said:

@LuckyNumber11 @whodatOL @Ghostnote @KingOfNewYork @BringinDaPain @Forge @sparky151 @MKnight82@cortes02 @JWingate @BowserBroncos @winitall @squire12 @jch1911 @Counselor @samsel23 @Trojan @carrolljcmc @EaglesPeteC @FinneasGage @DoleINGout@bcb1213 @T-rade @Cbrunn @Justone2 @mountainpd @Daniel @MikeT14 @drfrey13 @Deadpulse @YogiBiz @SerenityNow

Could use some feedback on this issue with switching to Spotrac to collect player information.  The reason I've never used this site in the past is because they do not provide a column for base guarantees and pulling it manually one player at a time is out of the question.  

This effects the following transactions:

• Trades
    • Trades are a bit different that releasing a player as base guarantees are carried over to the new team.
  • Releasing players
    • Where the base guarantee is turned into dead money
  • Extensions / Restructures
    • These guarantees are carried over into the new contract.

I'm probably missing something here, but with us forced to use spotrac now because OTC has recently changed their layout and now doesn't list the players position, we are forced to remove the calculations for base guarantees.  Making it easier now to release and trade players.

If any of you have a solution to fix this I'm all ears, if not plan on seeing some changes for next season.

like this?

https://overthecap.com/position/right-guard/

On 12/4/2021 at 11:19 PM, DaPatsKid98 said:

I happened to get intrigued and find my way back to this site after a little hiatus. Love to see TCMD talk is still alive 😃 I’d be all in if it was to start up again. You’ve always done great work especially, Mike.

What was your old name.  Don't remember the one you are currently using, but I also couldn't tell you what I ate for dinner last night either...haha.

Oh and I appreciate the compliment.  

Edited by ny92mike
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2021 at 5:30 AM, ny92mike said:

What was your old name.  Don't remember the one you are currently using, but I also couldn't tell you what I ate for dinner last night either...haha.

Oh and I appreciate the compliment.  

Believe it was justin_perkins or something along the lines of incorporating my name. but, same my guy. All I remember is not being surprised a Bama player got the Heisman 😂

Hey guys, I'm from Bizzaro Draft League. It is a league that fellow posters have created. We draft our rookies to add to our offseason acquisitions, we then write strategies during the season to use against another team in the league. I'm in need of a co-owner for this coming offseason and beyond. I don't really know anyone on here outside of that league so bare with me.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, PR said:

Hey guys, I'm from Bizzaro Draft League. It is a league that fellow posters have created. We draft our rookies to add to our offseason acquisitions, we then write strategies during the season to use against another team in the league. I'm in need of a co-owner for this coming offseason and beyond. I don't really know anyone on here outside of that league so bare with me.

For those of you that are not familiar with Bizzaro Draft League better known as BDL, it's worth a look.  Very active thread.

Give it a look over @PR are good people.

• Like 1