Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

He is Risen.

4/19/2020 MoL Scores:

Methodology and disclaimer: MoL score is a simple metric for measuring rate of spread of the novel coronavirus within communities.  The metric was developed by mission and TLO and has not been subjected to academic peer review.  The MoL looks at a trailing average of daily new cases and compares this to trailing active cases within the community.  These rankings do not represent the opinion of anyone other than mission and TLO and should not be taken as advice of any kind.  Please note while the numbers themselves are objective calculations, smugness and Taylor Swift lyrics may factor into our commentary and decisions on tiers.  The MoL reserves the right to make changes to this methodology at any time.  Please follow all relevant governmental and/or WHO/CDC guidance.  We will defeat this virus.

"'They take their shots, but we're bulletproof. I know places. And you know for me, it's always you. I know places. In the dead of the night your eyes so green. I know places. And I know for you it's always me."

- Taylor Swift

@mission27

Happy to be back with you today, folks. A lot has certainly gone down in both the world and FF since my recent post of the MoLs. Unsurprisingly, things remain on the upswing for the MoL and those within our orbit. And the opposite continues to hold true as well. Rip Slevin. Anyway, onto today's numbers! 

Tier 1: Outbreak under control, safe to begin relaxing social distancing measures

Hong Kong: 0.5 (Hong Kong continues to post quite)

South Korea: 0.7 (TLO got takeout Korean BBQ this week and graciously received a free roll of toilet paper with his order? Coincidence? Only if it's a coincidence that the sun sets in the west, my friends.)

Australia: 1.5 ( @Shady Slim your homeland continues to look solid. Given that you've always looked up to the MoL, this is no surprise.)

Austria: 1.7  (when your country produces an unhinged smug character like Arnold S, things need to work out for you. Good job to the wonderful people of Austria!)

Czech Republic: 2.4

Switzerland: 3.3

Tier 2: New case growth is minimal suggesting social distancing is working, likely a few weeks away from breaking into tier 1

Italy: 3.2 (Staying fairly constant around here. They're just a bit of improvement away from breaking into tier 1)

Portugal: 3.3

Israel: 2.9

Netherlands: 4.3

Germany: 4.5

Denmark: 4.7

Philippines: 4.5 (seems like the threat of murder is working well) 

USA: 5.3 (Let's keep up the good work folks! Now is not the time to blow what we have accomplished despite a devastatingly sluggish start.)

Spain: 5.6

Sweden: 5.9

Global: 5.9 (dropped 0.2 today. Still think we are in that steady state plateau range, but I think this may be promising. As Charlie Sheen once stated, "Can't is the cancer of happen." The world should use this as a rallying cry to defeat the virus. We can, and we will do this. )

UK: 6.4

Iran: 6.6* (consistently bs numbers, tbh)

France: 6.7

Ireland: 6.8

Turkey: 7.2

Belgium: 7.3

China: 7.7 (Still remaining fairly consistent in their overall trend. The MoL is a fan of consistency given our consistent smugness and overall winning attitude)

Japan: 8.5 

Canada: 8.9 (the MoL is planning a montreal trip once they break into tier 1)

Tier 3: Countries in this group that are showing increased MoLs have the potential to go deep into the danger zones, but countries with falling MoLs may only be a couple of days from tier 2 status and may have already peaked in gross # of new cases

Brazil: 12.2

India: 12.6

Mexico: 18.3 

Tier 4: Aggressive growth, still likely have not peaked in single day cases, and likely a week or two minimum from peak in deaths (however many of these countries are still slowing down)

Russia: 22.6 (not looking good tbh. It's as if they are using slevin's models to drive behavior. )

USA State Level MoLs

image.png

Tbh all the CS states seem to be moving in the right direction overall. We'll see how long it takes for the fleas to catch up. 

MoL.png

The MoL would like to thank everyone for their contributions to this important work including @ET80 @acowboys62 @dtait93 @Dome @naptownskinsfan @kingseanjohn @Malfatron @Shady Slim @malagabears @daboyle250 @vikesfan89 @ramssuperbowl99 @sdrawkcab321 @Nazgul @kingseanjohn @mistakey @TwoUpTwoDown @Xenos @Nex_Gen @FinneasGage @Webmaster and the others who love us so much

We'd even like to thank @pwny @Glen and others for their critical attitude because of the attention it brings to the great work MoL is doing 

@mission27

• Like 6

**Linking this is not to get political** but to highlight this quote about what the NIH is reportedly saying about the origins of the coronavirus -

“‘It was part of an overall $3.7 million funding program that went to six years in sites in China, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Myanmar,’ Cruz said the NIH reported to him. The project included studying viral diversity in bats and surveying people that live in high-risk communities for evidence of bat-coronavirus infection. It also funded laboratory experiments to analyze and predict which newly discovered viruses pose the greatest threats to human health.”

https://noqreport.com/2020/04/19/media-silent-over-u-s-taxpayer-dollars-funding-the-wuhan-institute-of-virology/

So if this true, I’m sure China just wanted to conduct lab experiments for the sake of protecting human health from viruses that pose the greatest threat to human health.

Just now, Neumatic said:

My guess would be the Marion Prison outbreak. Over 1800 infected and I think 1000 of them were added yesterday.

Ah ok.  I was not loving those numbers considering we’ve been as proactive as any state and was one of the earliest to implement most measures.

That would explain it though.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TLO said:

Austria: 1.7  (when your country produces an unhinged smug character like Arnold S, things need to work out for you. Good job to the wonderful people of Austria!)

Lol.

McDonalds opened up again today(only drive-thru) and people went nuts. Traffic chaos and police forces needed around most of the restaurants. 

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

We don't deserve this world. 

Unfortunately, a lot of them are going to pay a heavy toll gathering in numbers to protest. Many of them look to be in the at risk group as well. They'll learn their lesson the hard way.

• Like 2