Total Control GM Mock Draft Suggestions / Feedback

ny92mike

3 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Would you like to see any additional info other than just the number of bids on the player?

Displaying an average bid amount would be too telling I think.  But perhaps a fa breakdown sheet that shows what positions are getting the most attention without naming them.  Guess I'm just looking to provide more data so you all get a big picture on what positions might be better targeted by round.  If too much reel me back in...lol.

I think it’s fine personally. I knew last year that everyone was trying to get Thuney and still overpaid by 15M total. Oddly enough he signed a larger deal in real life. 

7 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I think it’s fine personally. I knew last year that everyone was trying to get Thuney and still overpaid by 15M total. Oddly enough he signed a larger deal in real life. 

Good memory... I had forgotten about that, if I recall I even was trying to place a bid on him as the Giants GM.  That guy got some real money!

I'm going to include several different options for what all is displayed during FA, for this test run, it'll let us know which displays to keep or remove. 

@LuckyNumber11 @whodatOL @Ghostnote @KingOfNewYork @BringinDaPain @Forge @sparky151 @MKnight82@cortes02 @JWingate @BowserBroncos @winitall @squire12 @jch1911 @Counselor @samsel23 @Trojan @carrolljcmc @EaglesPeteC @FinneasGage @DoleINGout @JetsandI @ny92mike @bcb1213 @T-rade @Cbrunn @Justone2 @mountainpd @Daniel @MikeT14 @drfrey13 @Deadpulse @YogiBiz @SerenityNow

Note:  If you wish to be removed from the above list of tags, let me know.

If possible, would you guys prefer to have all of these private sheets housed in a single workbook?  I'm not sure how many of these sheets and all of the formulas can get loaded into a single workbook, but since I've subscribed to google I haven't had any issues with linked data not loading.  Typically I'd separate the transactions like bidding with another sheet housing the rosters, trade block info and draft into another sheet.  

I'll still maintain/update the official rosters, but rather than having you guys update your private roster sheets, rosters will be linked to the official rosters and will update automatically.  

Please drop me some feedback on the layout of these workbooks.  Difficult designing this by myself.  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bNk4HsyeVb8w_2LPfihBqsqCSNny7OHAXdLz22jMlY8/edit?usp=sharing

I would prefer one 

5 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@LuckyNumber11 @whodatOL @Ghostnote @KingOfNewYork @BringinDaPain @Forge @sparky151 @MKnight82@cortes02 @JWingate @BowserBroncos @winitall @squire12 @jch1911 @Counselor @samsel23 @Trojan @carrolljcmc @EaglesPeteC @FinneasGage @DoleINGout @JetsandI @ny92mike @bcb1213 @T-rade @Cbrunn @Justone2 @mountainpd @Daniel @MikeT14 @drfrey13 @Deadpulse @YogiBiz @SerenityNow

If possible, would you guys prefer to have all of these private sheets housed in a single workbook?  I'm not sure how many of these sheets and all of the formulas can get loaded into a single workbook, but since I've subscribed to google I haven't had any issues with linked data not loading.  Typically I'd separate the transactions like bidding with another sheet housing the rosters, trade block info and draft into another sheet.  

I'll still maintain/update the official rosters, but rather than having you guys update your private roster sheets, rosters will be linked to the official rosters and will update automatically.  

Please drop me some feedback on the layout of these workbooks.  Difficult designing this by myself.  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bNk4HsyeVb8w_2LPfihBqsqCSNny7OHAXdLz22jMlY8/edit?usp=sharing

A single workbook would work best I think (especially for newbies).  That being said, if it would be hella work to create one from two - just make sure each new person has a mentor.

3 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

I would prefer one 

A single workbook would work best I think (especially for newbies).  That being said, if it would be hella work to create one from two - just make sure each new person has a mentor.

The only issue with reducing it down to one workbook is if the workbook can handle all the data.  The free version of google sheets couldn't but so far this seems to be handling it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

Whatever would work on my phone. Like the big BDL one crashes on me within a minute. The one you personally made for me never crashes 

14 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Whatever would work on my phone. Like the big BDL one crashes on me within a minute. The one you personally made for me never crashes 

When I get this one done I'll see if you can open it up without it crashing.

• Like 1

@LuckyNumber11 @whodatOL @Ghostnote @KingOfNewYork @BringinDaPain @Forge @sparky151 @MKnight82@cortes02 @JWingate @BowserBroncos @winitall @squire12 @jch1911 @Counselor @samsel23 @Trojan @carrolljcmc @EaglesPeteC@DoleINGout @JetsandI @ny92mike @bcb1213 @T-rade @Cbrunn @Justone2 @mountainpd @Daniel @MikeT14 @drfrey13 @Deadpulse @YogiBiz @SerenityNow

Alright so here are some changes I've made to various phases of the mock.

• Restructure
    • Limited to 2 players.
    • Increased the slots from 1 to 3.
    • Restructure Allotment amount reduced from last year.
    • Can convert base guarantees, roster and workout bonuses to prorated signing bonus.
  • Extension
    • Increased the slots from 1 to 3.
    • Extension Allotment added
      • Based on the available cap at the start of the mock.  The lower the team's cap at the start of the mock, the greater the allotment.
    • Types of extensions and limits
      • No extension can exceed the allotment value.
        • Voided Contracts
          • No Limit
          • Can only extend a player's voided contract, if not current contract contains a final year of signing bonus.
        • Standard
          • No Limit
          • Original to the team or acquired through trade.
        • Tagged
          • Limit One
  • FA Bidding
    • Display the number of teams with valid contract offers on free agents. 
    • Include backup UFA/Resign bid which comes into play if you fail to sign a single player in that round, for the first 3 rounds.  After which the bid slot converts to make a second resign bid.
    • Reserve bid slots reduced from 6 to 4.
    • Reserve bid discount reduced to 2%
    • Resign bid discount reduced to 4% 
    • Include a FA sheet, that provides additional statistics on bidding by position.
    • Remove the need for roster and workout bonuses.
    • Revised NPV formula for determining highest offer.
  • Salary Cap
    • Must maintain cap compliance for current & second year.
  • Trading
    • Include an OTC trade sheet that allows for the OTC team to quickly see what offers are on the table.
Edited by ny92mike

1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:

hey bro if you could untag me that'd be cool. i'll be back for sure come next mock tho dude! thanks 

No worries...I'm going to stop tagging, actually will stop posting build info until I get the test version up and running.