TARFT: New Forum, New Thread

LeeEvans

3 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

This new patch for FIFA has absolutely ruined it. It feels like 17 all over again with blocked shots everywhere, pace being useless and just over powered defending but we still have the much more difficult defending controls for us. This game is just not enjoyable anymore and is frustrating instead of challenging or entertaining. Once again EA has amazed with it's ability to ruin it's own game within a week of it's release. If it stays like this I'll give up on this one in a couple of weeks just like I did 17. 

Don't play against the computer. I find it sickeningly boring playing the computer anyway. When you play other people it's the same for both of you. 

20 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

This new patch for FIFA has absolutely ruined it. It feels like 17 all over again with blocked shots everywhere, pace being useless and just over powered defending but we still have the much more difficult defending controls for us. This game is just not enjoyable anymore and is frustrating instead of challenging or entertaining. Once again EA has amazed with it's ability to ruin it's own game within a week of it's release. If it stays like this I'll give up on this one in a couple of weeks just like I did 17. 

Yeah it seems like it's combined the worst features of FIFA 17 and 18 currently. Whole game feels like it's played in quicksand.

Blocked shots are an even bigger issue now because off-the-ball defending is still dumb as hell, nobody ever tracking runners so it feels like the entire game is just last ditch swarm defending in the final third. I know it's something I can probably just get better at but for the life of me I don't understand how to defend in midfield, if I control someone off the ball to block passing lanes the CPU defender will just stand there and let opponents run past and if I try to defend directly there ends up being 3 easy/open options to pass to because CPU defenders don't follow their runners, and if I do happen to get the tackle right, my defender will lag/pause before going to the ball while the forward gets a chance to immediately win the ball back. 

52 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Yeah it seems like it's combined the worst features of FIFA 17 and 18 currently. Whole game feels like it's played in quicksand.

Blocked shots are an even bigger issue now because off-the-ball defending is still dumb as hell, nobody ever tracking runners so it feels like the entire game is just last ditch swarm defending in the final third. I know it's something I can probably just get better at but for the life of me I don't understand how to defend in midfield, if I control someone off the ball to block passing lanes the CPU defender will just stand there and let opponents run past and if I try to defend directly there ends up being 3 easy/open options to pass to because CPU defenders don't follow their runners, and if I do happen to get the tackle right, my defender will lag/pause before going to the ball while the forward gets a chance to immediately win the ball back. 

Honestly I feel like I've got to create a turnover in midfield to have much chance of stopping the computer. It's so hard to control defenders around the box because they feel like they are trying to run on ice and you are constantly playing catch up with the attackers which, predictably, is the exact opposite of how it feels on attack. No matter what you do or how many steps ahead of a defender you are they constantly are one step ahead of you and ready to defend anything you do. Like you said they somehow combined the worst parts of the past two games and now it's incredibly frustrating no matter if you're defending or attacking and frankly it feels like you're playing against complete b.s. in every aspect of the game. 

Like you said in defending even if you can miraculously make a tackle or actually be in the right spot to intercept a pass the ball magically goes under your foot or your player just sits exactly where he is or the ball miraculously bounces back to the computer. This game, in it's current being, is simply not fun and is somehow even worse than 17 which was the low point for me. I had one whole week where I was actually excited to play FIFA and enjoyed playing the matches even if the tougher defending lead to conceding a few extra goals than usual sometimes. No it's back to spamming 1-2 passes and hoping your through ball gets through so you can get a 1 on 1 with keeper because the ability to score from long shots and even create anything down the wings has been completely removed from the game. So frustrating, if this doesn't get fixed I'm done with FIFA. I don't know how they can release a demo, which convinced me to get the game, and then change everything about the game, that's basically false advertisement.  

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

All I want for the holidays is a Jose Mourinho firing. 

Too much to ask?

Ha. Might be a little too much. He's still in second and while the football might not be great I think he's got a pretty long leash, seems like they kept LvG forever and his sides were dire.