TCMD - Keeper League Discussion

ny92mike

8 minutes ago, Counselor said:

How have we decided to do the initial roster? Stick with a current nfl team or do an auction or do a draft?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_mqHNMuUKS8VvNTpWiJD_VPXheejJzr0jGBSwf47LnY/edit?usp=sharing

This is kinda what I had in mind.

Initial Start - Season One

Each owner of the 32 team league, will have the option to assign as many or few additional members to their front office as they like.  You can make war room threads within your own team forum if you like, the only thing we ask is that you provide us a link to the thread so that we can follow along.

BUILDING YOUR ROSTER

Using contract data collected from www.spotrac.com,  a workbook will be set up for each general manager (GM) to use to build their initial roster, by designating if you’ll be retaining, dropping or trading each player using the current irl team rosters.  

• By retaining the player you’re agreeing to the player’s current irl contract; both the length and the cap hit for each contractual year.

• Dropping a player during this phase you do not need to concern yourself about dead money.

• Trading the player does come at a cost, as you’ll be acquiring dead money when making these transactions.

Here is a sample of what the initial building phase might look like.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VySE_cPO5rOmoUeg8SU-hza_DB_YbvkbxARIzwBtJ64/edit?usp=sharing

There are some restrictions as to which players can be dropped / added / traded during this initial roster building phase.  

• Cannot exceed 90 man roster

• Last years rookie draft class cannot be released or traded.

• Cannot exceed your available cap.

• Must retain at least 20% of your team’s irl roster

There will be a one to two week period for general managers to determine which players they’ll be releasing.  During this phase, teams are allowed to release no more than 80% of their irl roster. Any player you release during this time will not carry dead money.  The entire contract is removed from the roster as if the player was never on the team, making it the perfect time to release players carrying a large signing bonus.  Owners can risk dropping high capped players and still bid on him without having to wait two bidding rounds during the VFA phase only.

Team’s will also have the ability to trade players, however, trading will include dead mone, which means signing bonuses are accelerated to the current year and assigned as dead money and the team acquiring the player accepts the base salary and contract length of the original contract.

During this phase, draft picks and rookies cannot be included, this is strictly player for player exchange that is approved by a trade committee.  This trade committee is here to make sure that severe one sided deals are not approved.

Once this initial team building phase is complete, all the released players are collected into the first free agency pool, to avoid confusion we’ll call it the veteran free agency (VFA).  Where teams will have the option to blind bid on these players where the highest bid is awarded the player. (see FA Guidelines for details). Teams that have released veterans for any reason will have the option to bid on those players with the VFA but there will be no resign discount provided.  Players not signed in this will be added to the next free agency.

Everything following is basically the typical GM Mock Draft standard, starting with ERFA, RFA, Tags, etc.

Edited by ny92mike
  • Like 1

Just now, ny92mike said:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_mqHNMuUKS8VvNTpWiJD_VPXheejJzr0jGBSwf47LnY/edit?usp=sharing

This is kinda what I had in mind.

Initial Start - Season One

Each owner of the 32 team league, will have the option to assign as many or few additional members to their front office as they like.  You can make war room threads within your own team forum if you like, the only thing we ask is that you provide us a link to the thread so that we can follow along.

BUILDING YOUR ROSTER

Using contract data collected from www.spotrac.com,  a workbook will be set up for each general manager (GM) to use to build their initial roster, by designating if you’ll be retaining, dropping or trading each player using the current irl team rosters.  

• By retaining the player you’re agreeing to the player’s current irl contract; both the length and the cap hit for each contractual year.

• Dropping a player during this phase you do not need to concern yourself about dead money.

• Trading the player does come at a cost, as you’ll be acquiring dead money when making these transactions.

Here is a sample of what the initial building phase might look like.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VySE_cPO5rOmoUeg8SU-hza_DB_YbvkbxARIzwBtJ64/edit?usp=sharing

There are some restrictions as to which players can be dropped / added / traded during this initial roster building phase.  

• Cannot exceed 90 man roster

• Last years rookie draft class cannot be released or traded.

• Cannot exceed your available cap.

• Must retain at least 20% of your team’s irl roster

There will be a one to two week period for general managers to determine which players they’ll be releasing.  During this phase, teams are allowed to release no more than 20% of their roster. Any player you release during this time will not carry dead money.  The entire contract is removed from the roster as if the player was never on the team, making it the perfect time to release players carrying a large signing bonus.  Owners can risk dropping high capped players and still bid on him without having to wait two bidding rounds during the VFA phase only.

Team’s will also have the ability to trade players, however, trading will include dead mone, which means signing bonuses are accelerated to the current year and assigned as dead money and the team acquiring the player accepts the base salary and contract length of the original contract.

During this phase, draft picks and rookies cannot be included, this is strictly player for player exchange that is approved by a trade committee.  This trade committee is here to make sure that severe one sided deals are not approved.

Once this initial team building phase is complete, all the released players are collected into the first free agency pool, to avoid confusion we’ll call it the veteran free agency (VFA).  Where teams will have the option to blind bid on these players where the highest bid is awarded the player. (see FA Guidelines for details). Teams that have released veterans for any reason will have the option to bid on those players with the VFA but there will be no resign discount provided.  Players not signed in this will be added to the next free agency.

Everything following is basically the typical GM Mock Draft standard, starting with ERFA, RFA, Tags, etc.

I like it. Are Bowser and I going to have to coin flip for Denver?

I think waiting to start the process until after the nfl cut down day would be good.  Early September when nfl teams have their initial 2019 roster set is a better time to start the league for owners to decide to keep players or not.

15 hours ago, squire12 said:

I think waiting to start the process until after the nfl cut down day would be good.  Early September when nfl teams have their initial 2019 roster set is a better time to start the league for owners to decide to keep players or not.

I'm actually not to worried about the nfl cut down date.  We'll be carrying a 90 man roster during this time and trimming it down during the same time the league will be trimming down.

• Like 1

There is some back and forth on exactly how to set it up, but I'm asking you guys if this is something you'd be interested in joining.

In short, I'd like to run a keeper league.  The off season will basically be ran like I've always ran tcmd, with free agency, trades, draft.  The "in season" I'd like to keep simple and not have it drag out for months.  There is more information in this thread detailing the process, right now I'm just looking to see if it's even possible that we could get 32 members to kick this off.

So if you're interested  

@LuckyNumber11

@Justone2

@DTMW78

@NickChowaniec

@Trojan

@sparky151

@RTTRUTH

@D82

@BowserBroncos

@winitall

@squire12

@Counselor

@jch1911

@Tugboat

@samsel23

@SirA1

@jrry32

@mountainpd

@RpMc

@Dome

@Deadpulse

@daineraider

@EaglesPeteC

@bcb1213

@KingOfTheDot

@daineraider

@Cbrunn

@Forge

@One Punch Man

@IrishHooligan00

@mike23md

@IDOG_det

@davidderion

@Fragafootball

@USC_Fan

@jonnguy2015

@Eric dunn

@burnoutonme

@ChaRisMa

@djw4bucs

@MKnight82

@Ragnarok

@Tatupu_64

Edited by ny92mike
  • Like 1

Thanks for the invite, but I'm already too inactive in the other 2 keeper leagues I'm a part of. 

If anyone needs a cheerleader/drunk armchair QB let me know. First come first served, unless someone I like better chimes in after you. 

Edited by Dome

1 minute ago, Dome said:

Thanks for the invite, but I'm already too inactive in the other 2 keeper leagues I'm a part of. 

If anyone needs a cheerleader/drunk armchair QB let me know. First come first served, unless someone I like better chimes in after you. 

I understand.   My plan is to pack everything into about a 3 month window, where the in season process is basically simulated to reduce the amount of effort required.  If you change your mind down the road, hit us up.   Thanks man.

• Like 1