MCU TA - Round 1 - Surtur(11) vs Karl Mordo (54)

Deadpulse

Round 1 - Section 2  

24 members have voted

1. 1. 11th seed vs 54th Seed

• Surtur(11)
    • Karl Mordo (54)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/06/2021 at 09:00 PM

Surtur-Profile.pngVSMordo-Spanish-Poster.jpg

Come one come all to the tournament arc to end all tournament arcs - MCU characters. For those of you who partook in the Best TV Show of All Time contest, this will run very similarly. 

bracket-3.png

Please keep in mind this is NOT a popularity contest. This is a who is the strongest/would win in a fight contest. Please do not consider powerset/abilities from the comics, strictly keep to what has be shown in the MCU. 

Closes Saturday 11/6/21 @5pm

@Manny/Patrick @PARROTHEAD @THE DUKE @Acgott @titansNvolsR#1 @D82 @Kiltman @thrILL! @TecmoSuperJoe @TitanSlim @Beck Bristow @Bullet Club @Ty21 @kingseanjohn @seminoles1 @Xenos @ET80  @The Gnat @theJ @43M  @WizardHawk @August4th @Breesus mode @Fresh Prince @Outpost31 @INbengalfan  @minutemancl @KManX89  @RamRod @skywindO2 @NcFinest9erFan @KimuraGod @JoshstraDaymus @rob_shadows @AlexGreen#20 @Daniel @Jakuvious @Tetsujin @Blue @broncofan48 @RuskieTitan @NYRaider @showtime @biggio7 @OhioG @diamondbull424 @hornbybrown @Dr LBC

1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:

I mean...Thor had to unleash Surtur on Hela because she was too much for Thor to handle and she couldn't do squat to Surtur so...Think I'm going to have say Surtur here.

That was only when Surtur's crown was put on the immortal flame though. Thor kind of handled Surtur without it at the start of the movie.

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

That was only when Surtur's crown was put on the immortal flame though. Thor kind of handled Surtur without it at the start of the movie.

For these I've been going by the characters at full power. Yeah Surtur after Odin defeated him and separated him from the immortal flame was a shell of himself but at full strength there really aren't many in the MCU who could compete with him.

11 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

For these I've been going by the characters at full power. Yeah Surtur after Odin defeated him and separated him from the immortal flame was a shell of himself but at full strength there really aren't many in the MCU who could compete with him.

Im super bullish on this.

His power at the end of Ragnorok was to take out Asgard and complete... well Ragnorok. The reason he beats Hela is because she gets her power from Asgard and he's undying task is to eventually destroy it, which is also a suicide mission it seems. As you aluded to, Odin beats his butt prior to. I think no one could stop him from completing Ragnorok, but I am less sure about anything else. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 9:42 AM, Deadpulse said:

Im super bullish on this.

His power at the end of Ragnorok was to take out Asgard and complete... well Ragnorok. The reason he beats Hela is because she gets her power from Asgard and he's undying task is to eventually destroy it, which is also a suicide mission it seems. As you aluded to, Odin beats his butt prior to. I think no one could stop him from completing Ragnorok, but I am less sure about anything else. 

Yeah I can’t give Surtur that max power level, it’s so specific and not what he’s going to be operating at most of the time.

I’ve been judging these all on base power level in a neutral battlefield. If they have a way to upgrade anywhere, they can. Surtur can’t reach that power level just anywhere as far as I know.