MCU TA - Sweet 16 - Surtur (11) vs Doctor Stephen Strange (6)

Deadpulse

Sweet 16 - Section 2  

30 members have voted

1. 1. 11th seed vs 6th seed

• Surtur (11)
    • Doctor Stephen Strange (6)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/10/2022 at 10:00 PM

Surtur-Profile.pngVSDoctor-Strange-No-Way-Home-profile-pic.j

Come one come all to the tournament arc to end all tournament arcs - MCU characters. For those of you who partook in the Best TV Show of All Time contest, this will run very similarly. 

bracket-3.png

Please keep in mind this is NOT a popularity contest. This is a who is the strongest/would win in a fight contest. Please do not consider powerset/abilities from the comics, strictly keep to what has be shown in the MCU. 

Closes Thursday 2/10/22 @5pm

@Manny/Patrick @PARROTHEAD @THE DUKE @Acgott @titansNvolsR#1 @Kiltman @thrILL! @TecmoSuperJoe @TitanSlim @Beck Bristow @Bullet Club @Ty21 @kingseanjohn @seminoles1 @Xenos @ET80  @The Gnat @theJ @43M  @WizardHawk @August4th @Breesus mode @Fresh Prince @Outpost31 @INbengalfan  @minutemancl @KManX89  @RamRod @skywindO2 @NcFinest9erFan @KimuraGod @JoshstraDaymus @rob_shadows @AlexGreen#20 @Daniel @Jakuvious @Tetsujin @Blue @broncofan48 @RuskieTitan @NYRaider @showtime @biggio7 @OhioG @diamondbull424 @hornbybrown @Dr LBC

I'll take Strange. This feels like a bad matchup for Surtur. Surtur is definitely very powerful, but at that size it just gets difficult to fight Strange, and Strange would have a whole host of possible ways to fight him, or at least subdue him. I could only really see Surtur winning if he can basically just melt Strange, but I don't think the MCU showed him being able to control fire are causing enough heat to inconvenience Thor, so I don't think I can go with that.

• Like 1

Normal Surtur is tough to guage. In the movie he says to Thor at the beginning that his "true form" is his giant form we see at the end. That guy doesn't seem to be able to be hurt because Hela gave it her all and he didn't even flinch.

But other Surtur from the beginning is someone Strange can handle no problem.

I’ll take Strange here by way of BFR, I don’t think Surtur has the speed to avoid being placed within the mirror dimension. I’m also using Ragnorak Surtur as that’s his true form. He’s pretty unstoppable, however if he’s within another dimension, he can’t harm Strange.

I’d also have to imagine that Odin must’ve had some way of separating the eternal flame from Surtur, perhaps through magic, if so, depowering Surtur to his weakened form would certainly offer Strange his biggest competitive advantage 1v1.