MCU TA - Final Four - Thanos (1) vs Doctor Stephen Strange (6)

Deadpulse

Final Four  

25 members have voted

1. 1. 1st seed vs 6th seed

• Thanos (1)
    • Doctor Stephen Strange (6)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/02/2022 at 10:00 PM

Thanos-Earth-199999-from-Avengers-InfiniVSDoctor-Strange-No-Way-Home-profile-pic.j

Come one come all to the tournament arc to end all tournament arcs - MCU characters. For those of you who partook in the Best TV Show of All Time contest, this will run very similarly. 

final-four.jpg

Please keep in mind this is NOT a popularity contest. This is a who is the strongest/would win in a fight contest. Please do not consider powerset/abilities from the comics, strictly keep to what has be shown in the MCU. 

Closes Wednesday 3/2/22 @5pm

@Manny/Patrick @PARROTHEAD @THE DUKE @Acgott @titansNvolsR#1 @Kiltman @thrILL! @TecmoSuperJoe @TitanSlim @Beck Bristow @Bullet Club @Ty21 @kingseanjohn @seminoles1 @Xenos @ET80  @The Gnat @theJ @43M  @WizardHawk @August4th @Breesus mode @Fresh Prince @Outpost31 @INbengalfan  @minutemancl @KManX89  @RamRod @skywindO2 @NcFinest9erFan @KimuraGod @JoshstraDaymus @rob_shadows @AlexGreen#20 @Daniel @Jakuvious @Tetsujin @Blue @broncofan48 @RuskieTitan @NYRaider @showtime @biggio7 @OhioG @diamondbull424 @hornbybrown @Dr LBC

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I need to talk this one out.

Simple equation of does Thanos have the gauntlet, if he does what stones does he have? 

Without it it’s an easy Strange win.

I think the other thing that we all have to sort of agree on is - does Strange have the time stone or not?
He couldn’t use it in the Thanos fight in IW, but I suppose that was one of the many things he tried in the millions of scenarios. Though that’d exclude reality breaking uses of it, like killing baby Thanos, aging Thanos a million years in an instant and other things that he could use it for. The time stone gets nerfed bad when you are responsible for the stability of the entire dimension.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Simple equation of does Thanos have the gauntlet, if he does what stones does he have? 

Without it it’s an easy Strange win.

I think the other thing that we all have to sort of agree on is - does Strange have the time stone or not?
He couldn’t use it in the Thanos fight in IW, but I suppose that was one of the many things he tried in the millions of scenarios. Though that’d exclude reality breaking uses of it, like killing baby Thanos, aging Thanos a million years in an instant and other things that he could use it for. The time stone gets nerfed bad when you are responsible for the stability of the entire dimension.

This contest is about base abilities not the potential of having a super weapon 

9 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Okay then thanos just snaps away the entire list 

He fights certain characters or groupings with certain stones, certain weapons and at specific points in time. That was his strategy all along. Thor made storm breaker for an amped up Thanos. It about worked. (It would have if he was a little more accurate and didn’t use lightning first imo.)Thor doesn’t have stormbreaker in this contest??? Or worse, Thor has it, but Thanos doesn’t have any stones? Now That makes zero sense to me. Thanos Getting the stones drove these 2 to fight each other anyways. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike

1 hour ago, SMashMouthMike said:

He fights certain characters or groupings with certain stones, and at specific points in time. That was his strategy all along. Thor made storm breaker for an amped up Thanos. It about worked. (It would have if he was a little more accurate and didn’t use lightning first imo.)Thor doesn’t have stormbreaker in this contest??? Or worse, Thor has it, but Thanos doesn’t have any stones? Now That makes zero sense to me. Thanos Getting the stones drove these 2 to fight each other anyways. 

Thor gets Mjolnir.  Cap gets his shield.  Iron Man his armor.  

Thanos does not get the Infinity Gauntlet.  Owise like Ty said this is over before it begins.

I don’t know. It’s not up to me.

But I don’t even see this fight occurring without Thanos having already aquired the power, the space, the reality and maybe the soul stone. He sent his “children” to earth in order to get the time and mind stone. He needed Ronan to be dead, and the power stone given to xandaar. The dark elves had to be defeated and He needed the collector to have the reality stone. Ego was dead.  He needed Odin, hela, Asgard, and surtur, to be weakened or dead. Ultron to be defeated. And he needed the avengers to be divided and weakened after civil war and ragnarok with Loki having the tesseract/space stone. Stopping all that from happening? That’s ignoring all the movieverse canon to me. It’s moving the goalposts.  Is that what has to happen here? And then, How else is thanos the 1 seed? 

Edited by SMashMouthMike

2 hours ago, SMashMouthMike said:

I don’t know. It’s not up to me.

But I don’t even see this fight occurring without Thanos having already aquired the power, the space, the reality and maybe the soul stone. He sent his “children” to earth in order to get the time and mind stone. He needed Ronan to be dead, and the power stone given to xandaar. The dark elves had to be defeated and He needed the collector to have the reality stone. Ego was dead.  He needed Odin, hela, Asgard, and surtur, to be weakened or dead. Ultron to be defeated. And he needed the avengers to be divided and weakened after civil war and ragnarok with Loki having the tesseract/space stone. Stopping all that from happening? That’s ignoring all the movieverse canon to me. It’s moving the goalposts.  Is that what has to happen here? And then, How else is thanos the 1 seed? 

This isn't based on some actual event happening. It's a hypothetical tournament Mortal Kombat style, based on the abilities they've shown in the MCU.

So consider Thanos when he fought against the big 3 at the end of Endgame. He handled all 3 without breaking much of a sweat, no stones or gauntlet in hand. Put him against Strange and guess who would win.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

This isn't based on some actual event happening. It's a hypothetical tournament Mortal Kombat style, based on the abilities they've shown in the MCU.

So consider Thanos when he fought against the big 3 at the end of Endgame. He handled all 3 without breaking much of a sweat, no stones or gauntlet in hand. Put him against Strange and guess who would win.

But, this hypothetical has to be grounded to me in a framework on which this fight would even occur. Thanos wouldn’t fight strange without those particular 3 stones. It defies his strategy, his knowledge and experience, and the entire plots of several movies. 

we similarly never saw strange take on an ‘unstoned’ Thanos. Why? Because they never would engage each other is my guess. Maybe it’s because thanos is protected by his henchmen and armies, idk.

and Thanos wouldn’t be the 1 seed. 

strange, with the time stone, also was bested by Maw. Thanos is supposedly an Eternal/deviant, yet wouldn’t have a chance? He threw that celestial sword awfully fast. Strange was beaten by a simple dagger. And neutered by some rebar.

Reduce Thanos to having just that sword and to me, there’s enough evidence to suggest that Thanos wins 1vs1 in a series. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike

1 hour ago, SMashMouthMike said:

strange, with the time stone, also was bested by Maw. Thanos is supposedly an Eternal/deviant, yet wouldn’t have a chance? He threw that celestial sword awfully fast. Strange was beaten by a simple dagger.

In What If, we saw Thanos get punked in an instant by just the mind stone. If this is a brutal fight to the death instead of a drawn out fight scene, Strange could open a quick portal and send Thanos' own sword through the back of his head

• Like 1

2 hours ago, adamq said:

In What If, we saw Thanos get punked in an instant by just the mind stone. If this is a brutal fight to the death instead of a drawn out fight scene, Strange could open a quick portal and send Thanos' own sword through the back of his head

Strange doesn’t have a laser mindstone though. He has a “locked” away time stone, with a protecting spell on it. Maw neuters him with just telekinesis. Maw is pretty slow, and not very durable. Like strange, he’s been described as a “glass cannon.”

Edited by SMashMouthMike

3 minutes ago, SMashMouthMike said:

Strange doesn’t have a laser mindstone though. He has a “locked” away time stone. 

Right but what happened in terms of plot doesn't matter at all in this scenario. It's a gladiator-style death match. My point was that if a stone-wielding Thanks could get killed instantly by Vision then I think Strange would find a way to take him out if he has +/- 1 stone