MCU TA - Round 1 - Gamora (33) vs Heimdall (32)

Deadpulse

Round 1 - Section 1  

34 members have voted

1. 1. 33rd seed vs 32nd seed

• Gamora (33)
    • Heimdall (32)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/05/2021 at 08:00 PM

Gamora-Gotg-Textless-Poster.jpgVSHeimdall-Thor-TDW.png

Come one come all to the tournament arc to end all tournament arcs - MCU characters. For those of you who partook in the Best TV Show of All Time contest, this will run very similarly. 

bracket-1.png

Please keep in mind this is NOT a popularity contest. This is a who is the strongest/would win in a fight contest. Please do not consider powerset/abilities from the comics, strictly keep to what has be shown in the MCU. 

Closes Tuesday 10/5/21 @4pm

@Manny/Patrick @PARROTHEAD @THE DUKE @Acgott @titansNvolsR#1 @D82 @Kiltman @thrILL! @TecmoSuperJoe @TitanSlim @Beck Bristow @Bullet Club @Ty21 @kingseanjohn @seminoles1 @Xenos @ET80  @The Gnat @theJ @43M  @WizardHawk @August4th @Breesus mode @Fresh Prince @Outpost31 @INbengalfan  @minutemancl @KManX89  @RamRod @skywindO2 @NcFinest9erFan @KimuraGod @JoshstraDaymus @rob_shadows @AlexGreen#20 @Daniel @Jakuvious @Tetsujin @Blue @broncofan48 @RuskieTitan @NYRaider @showtime @biggio7 @OhioG @diamondbull424 @hornbybrown @Dr LBC

I would take Heimdall.

I'm trying to think of their accomplishments just in the MCU, and honestly both kind of come up wanting unless I'm forgetting something. Maybe someone else can help remind me.

Heimdall has the title and aura that makes you assume greater past achievements though.

Hmm if they have all their powerset displayed in the films, I'd go Heimdall.

He's an Asgardian off the bat but given his connection to the bifrost and all seeing eyes he'd be able to win fairly easily if pressed.
Like he renders Gamora's ability to be an assassin moot instantly, same with any huge artillery she might try to use.

Also, just think of Infinity War and the dark magic he conjures to open the bifrost to send The Hulk to Earth.
He could just do that and send Gamora into a sun and not even move his feet.
0da4b4315b94a1652e36427e15cc791d3909e45d

• Like 2

I know voting has already ended, just throwing in my two cents since I just realized about this. (Hadn’t been checking my notifications 🤫.)

I would’ve taken Gamora. The use of the bifrost requires an amount of time and energy that Gamora’s speed and battle experience would simply not allow for.

On 10/4/2021 at 1:28 AM, Kiltman said:

Hmm if they have all their powerset displayed in the films, I'd go Heimdall.

He's an Asgardian off the bat but given his connection to the bifrost and all seeing eyes he'd be able to win fairly easily if pressed.
Like he renders Gamora's ability to be an assassin moot instantly, same with any huge artillery she might try to use.

Also, just think of Infinity War and the dark magic he conjures to open the bifrost to send The Hulk to Earth.
He could just do that and send Gamora into a sun and not even move his feet.
0da4b4315b94a1652e36427e15cc791d3909e45d

Hence why this option wouldn’t work IMO. If this were a reasonable option to how this fight could go down, then you’d think he would’ve simply done the same to Thanos. He would’ve (in theory) had the sight to see Thanos coming and then he would’ve sent him into a star. Thanos did have the space stone, but had Heimdall theoretically timed it “just right” such a move could’ve at least severely damaged Thanos (and the gauntlet) prior to any utilization of the space stone (in theory). Or heck, at least Heindall would’ve done this to a Black Order member or two so as to give the universe a better shot.

Yet he did not because the bifrost requires summoning up dark energy that heavily impacts both the user and the traveler, enough so that it weakened Odin after Odinsleep enough for Loki to remove him from Asgard (thus draining his life force and allowing for Ragnorak).

So again, without Gamora standing still, that ability would be useless against her. Heck if Heimdall even tried that maneuver and missed the BFR, the aftershock of the dark energy would’ve drained him to the point where Gamora would secure an easy dub, no contest. 
——

So without such a maneuver it then comes down to strength and combat ability. We know that the second most powerful warrior behind Thor was not Heimdall, but Lady Sif. Also when looking at the MCU feats we have to go off of, Heimdall consistently had been shown to scale to the Warrior 3 and/or below.

He looks intimidating with the yellow eyes and because Idris Elba played Stringer Bell in The Wire, but Gamora has alien physiology that has been enhanced by Thanos. She would be every bit the equal to Thanos’ other adopted children that are within the Black Order. And heck, now that I’m thinking about it, since she was Thanos’ favorite, it’s possible that it was due to her skill. We’ve never seen a bloodlusted Gamora, though if we had, “the galaxies most dangerous female” purported by the Nova Corp (IIRC) would IMO out skill and take out Heimdall.

She has the better feats and even when considering the in universe prestige (Heimdall as guardian of the bifrost and Gamora as most dangerous woman), you’d have to think Gamora has the edge. I’m not saying it wouldn’t be close, but ultimately I think Heimdall simply gets out skilled and potentially even overpowered by this Femme Fatale.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I know voting has already ended, just throwing in my two cents since I just realized about this. (Hadn’t been checking my notifications 🤫.)

I would’ve taken Gamora. The use of the bifrost requires an amount of time and energy that Gamora’s speed and battle experience would simply not allow for.

Hence why this option wouldn’t work IMO. If this were a reasonable option to how this fight could go down, then you’d think he would’ve simply done the same to Thanos. He would’ve (in theory) had the sight to see Thanos coming and then he would’ve sent him into a star. Thanos did have the space stone, but had Heimdall theoretically timed it “just right” such a move could’ve at least severely damaged Thanos (and the gauntlet) prior to any utilization of the space stone (in theory). Or heck, at least Heindall would’ve done this to a Black Order member or two so as to give the universe a better shot.

Yet he did not because the bifrost requires summoning up dark energy that heavily impacts both the user and the traveler, enough so that it weakened Odin after Odinsleep enough for Loki to remove him from Asgard (thus draining his life force and allowing for Ragnorak).

So again, without Gamora standing still, that ability would be useless against her. Heck if Heimdall even tried that maneuver and missed the BFR, the aftershock of the dark energy would’ve drained him to the point where Gamora would secure an easy dub, no contest. 
——

So without such a maneuver it then comes down to strength and combat ability. We know that the second most powerful warrior behind Thor was not Heimdall, but Lady Sif. Also when looking at the MCU feats we have to go off of, Heimdall consistently had been shown to scale to the Warrior 3 and/or below.

He looks intimidating with the yellow eyes and because Idris Elba played Stringer Bell in The Wire, but Gamora has alien physiology that has been enhanced by Thanos. She would be every bit the equal to Thanos’ other adopted children that are within the Black Order. And heck, now that I’m thinking about it, since she was Thanos’ favorite, it’s possible that it was due to her skill. We’ve never seen a bloodlusted Gamora, though if we had, “the galaxies most dangerous female” purported by the Nova Corp (IIRC) would IMO out skill and take out Heimdall.

She has the better feats and even when considering the in universe prestige (Heimdall as guardian of the bifrost and Gamora as most dangerous woman), you’d have to think Gamora has the edge. I’m not saying it wouldn’t be close, but ultimately I think Heimdall simply gets out skilled and potentially even overpowered by this Femme Fatale.

Fair

However Hulk was the only play there for him, it was a defensive move to rally the rest of the universe.
Doing it to any of the black order wouldn't have been as helpful, and we can't really say with confidence what the affect the Infinity Stones might have had on the ability to do that to Thanos. Also the ship they were on was badly shot up and Heimdall was injured in the battle. We don't really know how much time it takes when 100% for him to do it. He's clearly pained prior to starting it.

I agree his all seeing power isn't without flaw though. And it's not like a clean sweep no matter how many times you run this sim.

If it's just like them 1v1 with swords, yeah Gamora wins way more.

• Like 1

Gamora in the comics is a tougher choice but the MCU version has been rather underwhelming. When she got locked up with the others in GOTG and other prisoners wanted a piece of her, she looked completely shook. The Gamora in the comics would’ve beat the **** out of the lot of them.  She’s supposed to be one of the most badass warriors in the gaiact and yet in the MCU, I’d take Black Widow over her in a fight. 

Edited by thrILL!