MCU TA - Round 1 - Bucky Barnes / Winter Soldier / White Wolf (30) vs Kaecilius (35)

Deadpulse

Round 1 - Section 2  

28 members have voted

1. 1. 30th seed vs 35th seed

• Bucky Barnes / Winter Soldier / White Wolf (30)
    • Kaecilius (35)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/28/2021 at 08:00 PM

Bucky-TF-TWS-Prof-Ile.pngVSkaecillius-photo-u1.jpg

Come one come all to the tournament arc to end all tournament arcs - MCU characters. For those of you who partook in the Best TV Show of All Time contest, this will run very similarly. 

bracket-3.png

Please keep in mind this is NOT a popularity contest. This is a who is the strongest/would win in a fight contest. Please do not consider powerset/abilities from the comics, strictly keep to what has be shown in the MCU. 

Closes Thursday 10/28/21 @4pm

@Manny/Patrick @PARROTHEAD @THE DUKE @Acgott @titansNvolsR#1 @D82 @Kiltman @thrILL! @TecmoSuperJoe @TitanSlim @Beck Bristow @Bullet Club @Ty21 @kingseanjohn @seminoles1 @Xenos @ET80  @The Gnat @theJ @43M  @WizardHawk @August4th @Breesus mode @Fresh Prince @Outpost31 @INbengalfan  @minutemancl @KManX89  @RamRod @skywindO2 @NcFinest9erFan @KimuraGod @JoshstraDaymus @rob_shadows @AlexGreen#20 @Daniel @Jakuvious @Tetsujin @Blue @broncofan48 @RuskieTitan @NYRaider @showtime @biggio7 @OhioG @diamondbull424 @hornbybrown @Dr LBC

Magic again kinda just washes this. Bucky’s best bet would be the element of surprise, but how I’ve kinda judged these is they both get plopped down in a city scape and are aware of the other.

Kaecilius having the ability to take away Bucky’s ability to “watchtower” with a sniper rifle I think is a big thing. He can also bend reality, I’d assume mirror dimension and a lot of other top level magic.

I think Bucky has a shot because of the charge time of some of the spells. But the shield spell is super quick.

Kaecilius I think wins this a lot of the time do to Bucky not having a fair fight compared to what he’s used to.

I think ya'll are overrated magic here. Dr. Strange, after becoming established as the Sorcerer Supreme, would merc Bucky. I also think he would merc Kaecillius as well. We are talking about a dude who relies on someone elses power. I think Bucky's almost 100 years of fighting experience and instincts, his inhuman speed/strenght/quickness, and his tech would give him the edge he needed to adapt, outlast, and eventually get a killing blow. 

• Like 3

I voted Kaeceleus because of magic, but the more I think about it i'm not sure.  A literally brand new to magic Dr Strange was able to hang with him (although he loses without the time stone).  I think I still lean with magic here because unless Bucky has the element of surprise, then magic has too many protections to keep him safe from a snipe shot or from sneaking up from behind.  Spells that maybe they can't necessarily have up 24/7, but in the dropped into a battle arena sense can.

• Like 1

I'm going to go Bucky here. The Falcon and Winter Soldier had Bucky explain an assassination he once had where he snuck up on the target undetected and killed him before shooting his way out (I think that's how it went down at least).

Kaecillius has the dark arts at his disposal, sure. But I think Bucky could find a way to get in close and finish him before Kaecillius knew he was there - I mean, it's not like the dark arts gave him enhanced sight or anything. Now, if Kaecillius has his acolytes, that's a different story...

Call it a hunch, but Bucky.

22 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I think ya'll are overrated magic here. Dr. Strange, after becoming established as the Sorcerer Supreme, would merc Bucky. I also think he would merc Kaecillius as well. We are talking about a dude who relies on someone elses power. I think Bucky's almost 100 years of fighting experience and instincts, his inhuman speed/strenght/quickness, and his tech would give him the edge he needed to adapt, outlast, and eventually get a killing blow. 

Probably, and I’m all for taking out some of these magic users before that’s all the final rounds are.

Its just if they both are put into a battle arena and know they must kill whoever is in here with them, Bucky loses his best advantage.

One thing with Kaecillius is he rarely was focused on fighting anyone from what I can recall, he was just like freight-training to his goals and smacking anyone he came across out of his way moreso then directly fighting them.

But I’d be fine with a Bucky win, and even prefer it, I just think as a high level sorcerer (without his acolytes) he can just do things Bucky can’t deal with, literally can play on a different dimensional level.