MCU TA - Round 1 - Ebony Maw (19) vs Quicksilver (46)

Deadpulse

Round 1 - Section 2  

26 members have voted

1. 1. 19th seed vs 46th seed

• Ebony Maw (19)
    • Quicksilver (46)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/30/2021 at 08:00 PM

Ebony-Maw-displeased.jpgVSQckslvr.jpg

Come one come all to the tournament arc to end all tournament arcs - MCU characters. For those of you who partook in the Best TV Show of All Time contest, this will run very similarly. 

bracket-3.png

Please keep in mind this is NOT a popularity contest. This is a who is the strongest/would win in a fight contest. Please do not consider powerset/abilities from the comics, strictly keep to what has be shown in the MCU. 

Closes Saturday 10/30/21 @4pm

@Manny/Patrick @PARROTHEAD @THE DUKE @Acgott @titansNvolsR#1 @D82 @Kiltman @thrILL! @TecmoSuperJoe @TitanSlim @Beck Bristow @Bullet Club @Ty21 @kingseanjohn @seminoles1 @Xenos @ET80  @The Gnat @theJ @43M  @WizardHawk @August4th @Breesus mode @Fresh Prince @Outpost31 @INbengalfan  @minutemancl @KManX89  @RamRod @skywindO2 @NcFinest9erFan @KimuraGod @JoshstraDaymus @rob_shadows @AlexGreen#20 @Daniel @Jakuvious @Tetsujin @Blue @broncofan48 @RuskieTitan @NYRaider @showtime @biggio7 @OhioG @diamondbull424 @hornbybrown @Dr LBC

Speedsters are always so hard to judge. I'm honestly not sure Maw could process and react quickly enough to compete. He doesn't display the dimensional magic of Dr. Strange in the movies, just telekinesis. Not that telekinesis is anything to just brush off, but what good is it if he can't think and process quickly enough? He's also not super durable or anything.

I actually think Quicksilver would take this one. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Speedsters are actually overpowered. 

Curious to your theory on this.

I went with Maw, simply because I could see him put up a wall full of knives/sharp objects at a moments' notice.

NecessaryNimbleDairycow-size_restricted.

Quicksilver might not even be the target here - he'd take one of these to protect a bystander.

Maw would exploit that.

10 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Curious to your theory on this.

I went with Maw, simply because I could see him put up a wall full of knives/sharp objects at a moments' notice.

NecessaryNimbleDairycow-size_restricted.

Quicksilver might not even be the target here - he'd take one of these to protect a bystander.

Maw would exploit that.

Quicksilver would have already punched him 100x before he turned those into spears.

• Like 2

Havent voted yet myself. I am trying to rectify how immature and inexperienced this version of Quicksilver is. If this was Fox's version I think he takes it but the MCU version has operated with his powers outside of a holding facility in Hydra for what? A few weeks? I keep coming back to this moment and it makes me pause:

Who has better reaction speed? DCEU Wonder Woman vs. MCU Quicksilver - Gen.  Discussion - Comic Vine

He stands there confused allowing humey Hawkguy to get the upper hand on him. 

4 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Havent voted yet myself. I am trying to rectify how immature and inexperienced this version of Quicksilver is. If this was Fox's version I think he takes it but the MCU version has operated with his powers outside of a holding facility in Hydra for what? A few weeks? I keep coming back to this moment and it makes me pause:

Who has better reaction speed? DCEU Wonder Woman vs. MCU Quicksilver - Gen.  Discussion - Comic Vine

He stands there confused allowing humey Hawkguy to get the upper hand on him. 

This is actually a fair point, I wasn't really separating them. There's a reason Quicksilver in the X-men movies is given a cool scene and then basically written out of them. If allowed to play a larger role, he'd trivialize everything that happens in them. 

Still not changing my answer, but it is a fair point to be made. 

3 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

This is actually a fair point, I wasn't really separating them. There's a reason Quicksilver in the X-men movies is given a cool scene and then basically written out of them. If allowed to play a larger role, he'd trivialize everything that happens in them. 

Still not changing my answer, but it is a fair point to be made. 

Havent seen any of the XMen movies. But seen pieces while the kids watch. Is he meant to be the same dude that was pulling people out of that fire at the school?