MCU TA - Round 1 - Peter Parker / Spider-Man (22) vs Aldrich Killian (43)

Deadpulse

Round 1 - Section 2  

28 members have voted

1. 1. 22nd seed vs 43rd seed

• Peter Parker / Spider-Man (22)
    • Aldrich Killian (43)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/04/2021 at 09:00 PM

spider-man-civil-war-0-0.jpgVSactor-aldrich-killian-iron-man-3-204751-

Come one come all to the tournament arc to end all tournament arcs - MCU characters. For those of you who partook in the Best TV Show of All Time contest, this will run very similarly. 

bracket-3.png

Please keep in mind this is NOT a popularity contest. This is a who is the strongest/would win in a fight contest. Please do not consider powerset/abilities from the comics, strictly keep to what has be shown in the MCU. 

Closes Tuesday 11/4/21 @5pm

@Manny/Patrick @PARROTHEAD @THE DUKE @Acgott @titansNvolsR#1 @D82 @Kiltman @thrILL! @TecmoSuperJoe @TitanSlim @Beck Bristow @Bullet Club @Ty21 @kingseanjohn @seminoles1 @Xenos @ET80  @The Gnat @theJ @43M  @WizardHawk @August4th @Breesus mode @Fresh Prince @Outpost31 @INbengalfan  @minutemancl @KManX89  @RamRod @skywindO2 @NcFinest9erFan @KimuraGod @JoshstraDaymus @rob_shadows @AlexGreen#20 @Daniel @Jakuvious @Tetsujin @Blue @broncofan48 @RuskieTitan @NYRaider @showtime @biggio7 @OhioG @diamondbull424 @hornbybrown @Dr LBC

Ok here me out

Killian easy modes Spider-Man

Dude is nearly indestructible and can melt Peter to a puddle and also make his webbing completely ineffective. He only loses in Iron Man 3 because he powers up Pepper to his equal.   

This is just a BAD matchup for Spidey

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Ok here me out

Killian easy modes Spider-Man

Dude is nearly indestructible and can melt Peter to a puddle and also make his webbing completely ineffective. He only loses in Iron Man 3 because he powers up Pepper to his equal.   

This is just a BAD matchup for Spidey

I agree. Killian takes this one.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

The silent majority is so wrong thus far on this one. If Spider-Man wins it will haunt me the entire tourney. Aldrich's power set clearly trumps teenage Spidey and it isnt close. Homerism/popularity contest coming into play here. 

Yeah, I don't see how this is close TBH. Killian has incredible healing abilities too.

Spiderman also has super strength, better reflexes, agility, his Peter tingle.  Don't need the webbing to web him up, can use it to attack him from afar hurling projectiles. Not to mention Spiderman wins any battle of attrition, because Killian is going to eventually blow up because of extremis.  How does Killian even get within 10 yards?

15 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

This Stark Tech?

Aldrich Killian vs. Steve Rogers (IW), Bucky (CW), and T'Challa (BP) -  Battles - Comic Vine

that movie is so inconsistent with starks tech.  You've got:

1) killian and his goons easily slicing through suits at the end of the movie

2) Killian having to work hard to get through Rhodes suit (or maybe he was being gentle, idk)

3) Stark blasting the one dude in the chest and killing him, but otherwise his beams are ineffectual 

4) iron man suits exploding at a whim, except when Tony is in it (apparently he holds them together)

5) the suit running out of power? what lol?

6) the suit not being able to bust through a barn door

So idk really what to expect Spidey's suit to be able to do.  Good arguments on both sides.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

The silent majority is so wrong thus far on this one. If Spider-Man wins it will haunt me the entire tourney. Aldrich's power set clearly trumps teenage Spidey and it isnt close. Homerism/popularity contest coming into play here. 

I voted on instinct without really thinking of it, like had I waited 5 seconds I would've said Killian.
Can change my vote.

My only argument for spidey would be escapability and the iron spider suit with instakill. 
But he'd have to get that launched down to him and it wouldn't work much anyway.

51 minutes ago, theJ said:

that movie is so inconsistent with starks tech.  You've got:

1) killian and his goons easily slicing through suits at the end of the movie

2) Killian having to work hard to get through Rhodes suit (or maybe he was being gentle, idk)

3) Stark blasting the one dude in the chest and killing him, but otherwise his beams are ineffectual 

4) iron man suits exploding at a whim, except when Tony is in it (apparently he holds them together)

5) the suit running out of power? what lol?

6) the suit not being able to bust through a barn door

So idk really what to expect Spidey's suit to be able to do.  Good arguments on both sides.

for #2 he was definitely being gentle because the Iron Patriots suit was part of his plan to kidnap the President and one of his goons was also like, "boss, youll damage the suit!"