Mayhem Mafia - Game Over - Anarchy (Mafia) Wins!

Slappy Mc

pexels-photo-2213547-e1614733701109.jpg

Welcome to Mayhem Mafia

Read the story-line carefully. It has the character/role list inside it. I will not confirm/deny in the thread any questions pertaining to the quantity or character roles.

Sirens ring out in the city. The sounds of gunfire and explosions overshadow the cries of people having their entire existence turned upside down. Bodies can be seen in unimaginable positions on sidewalks, on top of cars, in trees and dangling from buildings. Several cars remain burning and the once peaceful city lay in ruins. When the smoke clears only a small group of people remain, walking down the middle of the road. They don soot covered, blood soaked clothes that could pass for something forced through a paper shredder. A subtle laugh can be heard followed by triumphant chatter. They have survived. Before we get carried away with telling their story, allow me to give you the narrative of how we got here and pay respects to those that didn't survive the MAYHEM.

Flashback-Logo5b15d2-300x110.jpg

It was a typical Tuesday and the city was bustling with life. As I walked down the street on the way to my Channel 5 news job, I couldn't help think that I was tired of reporting the same boring garbage day-in and day-out. I could only tell the story of a cat getting stuck in the tree, a man who got a "suspicious" package addressed to his neighbor and how the local sports team is under performing, again so many times. I swear if I had to tell another story of the lady who didn't get the relish she ordered on her hotdog from the food cart on 9th street again, I was going to quit. I needed excitement. As I walked I passed several police cars, a man selling what appear to be knockoff watches and a pair of identical looking men arguing over who is better looking, I overheard a man shouting that the "end was near". He beckoned to anyone that would listen to go home, lock your doors and hide. I shrugged and laughed. The whack-jobs of this town at least give me entertainment.

I rounded the corner on 15th street and arrived at the news station. A man in a Santa suit greeted me and offered me a gift bag of some sorts. After politely refusing, I unlocked the door and entered. Inside the custodian was still finishing mopping and taking out the trash when a knock came from behind me. I turned around and saw a suspicious looking man in a trench coat, but after I blinked, he was gone. Shaking my head I turned around to discover my boss was suddenly less than a foot away from me with a look of disgust on his dense, unsightly face. "You're late! Again." I looked at my watch and it was clearly 8:57am. My shift starts at 9:00am. I opened my mouth and before I could utter a single syllable, he curtly scoffed, "Figures on our biggest day of the season, you decide to be late." I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but I hate the holidays. I especially hate Christmas. Again I gestured to speak and he turns away from me and hollers at one of my co-workers. I hate that freaking guy. Its not so much our working relationship, because I have had a lot of really bad bosses. It's the fact that every day I have to hear the same old stories about his "followers" that join him at Camp Peace, or as I call it the Cultist Paradise. Either way, the guy drives me crazy and unfortunately since I decided to not join him at his retreat, I am on his **** list. I am not as easily persuaded as some.

It is now 9:10 and I have wasted enough time. I need to grab a bite to eat before the morning debrief. I walked over to the table packed with coffee pot after coffee pot and two boxes of Dunkin' Dave's Delicious Donuts. A sign was posted below, "Take only one." I shrugged and grabbed two donuts and a cup of coffee. As I turned around I heard the shrill voice of one of my female co-workers, "I saw that! Only one, can't you read?!" I sighed and put the second doughnut back. Is there anything her bug eyes miss? I feel like she is always watching me. Matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the boss had multiple people watching and tracking my every move. Oh well. One of my male co-workers approaches me and hands me another doughnut. I said, "no thanks, I appreciate the gesture." He looked at me and whispered, "I double up every day." I looked down and he produced another doughnut out of thin air. We met eyes and he winked and walked away. I have some of the strangest co-workers, I swear.

Morning debrief was announced and everyone gathered around to figure out what kind of stories we get the privilege of covering today. Ten minutes later, I have my assignment. I am pleasantly surprised that somehow I got assigned the task of interviewing a former Special Forces member about what it is like to reintegrate into the civilian lifestyle. Freakin' sweet. The last interview I got was the local coroner. After being redirected by multiple people to the wrong address I finally found him and he proceeded to talk for 40 minutes about how auto-erotic asphyxiation was the leading cause of deaths for men ages 20-50. Riveting, let me tell you.

I left the building with the address I was supposed to meet the man at. Two blocks away from the station, another man dressed in a Santa costume is handing out gift bags. I quickly walked past to avoid another awkward conversation. I'm sure they mean well, but this holiday just isn't for me. As I approached the address, I found myself walking the wrong way with a mob of like 30 people coming my way with signs that appear to be protesting something. As I navigate the crowd I feel a hand graze my waist, I quickly grasp for the hand and just as quickly as it came, it was gone. I checked my pockets. My wallet and my notepad are missing. Freaking fantastic.

I reached for my phone, but as soon I grabbed it, the chorus I picked out for when my boss called me, "F*** you" by Lily Allen, started playing. I answer the phone and my boss is hysterical. Great what is it now, I think to myself. He tells me that there is an active bank robbery on the corner of Franklin and 31st at Wellshire Bank. He instructed me to get there as fast as I can, that the rest of the crew is already heading there. I hung up the phone and looked at the nearest street sign. "Great, 10 blocks away," I mumbled to myself. Off I ran.

By the time I got there, the police had the whole area blocked off and a crowd had already gathered. I saw those pricks at Channel 7 already set up and my phone rang again. This time it was my wife, she works for the local hospital and she is getting called into work for a couple hours. I explained to her that there was no chance I could leave work to go watch our 4 year old. This after all could be my big break. We concluded that our babysitter, that has done such a good job protecting our kid and our house when we needed her, was our best route.

I meet up with the rest of the team and we start to cover the event with as much information as we were able to gather. As we start to broadcast, we hear reports of a hostage situation and then the unexpected happened. Not even two blocks away a giant explosion erupted shaking every building around and causing the entire crowd to disperse. More sirens from Firefighters, Paramedics and Police officers are heard hastily trying to make it to the site where the explosion happened. I looked around and immediately regretted my desire for excitement. I however didn't expect what happened next.

A man from within the bank emerges at the entrance with a gun to the back of a petrified looking man's head. The police try to negotiate with the deranged man unsuccessfully and the man screams that he is going to kill everyone inside the bank if anyone tries to make contact again. The Hostage Negotiator implores the man to release some people as a sign of good faith, the man chuckles and slowly walks back to the door. As he opens the door, he shouts "You Have Been Warned!" and pulls the trigger killing the hostage instantly. I look back at my cameraman in horror, his face is white as a ghost. We just broadcast an execution on TV. The police go retrieve the remains of the poor hostage that suffered a cruel fate. After they get the body back to safety they see a note attached to his chest. It reads, "Remember my face, you will be seeing it in your nightmares for the rest of your lives." On the back side of the note was an identification card... MY IDENTIFICATION CARD!

I can't believe what I am seeing. Why would they use my ID on their note? Who would do this to me? As soon I gather my wits, the crowd turns on me. "There he is!" I glance at my cameraman and says, "RUN!" So I did. I ran as fast I could for as long as I could, taking every back alley and shortcut I could find to get away from the mobs that now wanted my head. I hunkered down in a back alley somewhere and pulled out my phone. I went live using social media and said this, "Ladies and Gentlemen of the world, something catastrophic is truly happening. As most you will already know by the time this reaches your ears, there has been a bank robbery on 31st street and a bomb has detonated around 29th street. I do not know if they are connected, but I do know we are all in grave dangers. To make matters worse, my ID card was left on the corpse of a man murdered by one of the bank robbers and now I am being pursued. Until this situation starts to make sense, I feel I need to go off grid. I will update you all as often as I can. This is @Slappy Mc signing off. God help us all through this Mayhem."

Day 1:

Television 90S GIF

Video cuts in
"Ladies and gentlemen this is @Slappy Mc reporting from an undisclosed location. As you are all aware something big is in motion. After the bank robbery yesterday. a nationwide manhunt was started for a group of criminals that got away with two million dollars from Wellshire Bank. As bad as that appears to be, the explosion that happened left more people gravely injured and unfortunately @Raves, @rackcs, @Shady Slim and @gopherwrestler did not survive the blast.  I am still unable to come out of hiding for fear of my own life, both from the law and whoever stole my ID card."

In the distance there is some shouting, "I know it was you!" "Show me your ID!" The sound of pleading is followed by the gut-wrenching sounds of violence and then it is silent. I decided to sneak around to see what the commotion was about. I peaked around the corner and there was a badly beaten man who was on his last breaths. The man looked at me said, "I was just trying to explain..." The man lost consciousness and his last breath drained from his body. Clutched in his hand was his ID card. It read, @Venom Sife, Twin - Justice Aligned. Just as I was sneaking back into the shadows, a panicked man's voice ruptures the silence as he cries out, "My TWIN! MY TWIN!!! NOOOO! PLEASE NOT MY TWIN!" 

It is getting dark and this city doesn't feel safe anymore. I need to go into hiding. I will try to catch you all up tomorrow on anything else I find. Please be safe. God bless.

Night 1:

The smoke is thick through the city as glimpses of daybreak peak through the smog. Unfortunately more members of this town did not survive the night. I was walking past a local electronics store and Channel 7 News (those pricks) was reporting that the dead body count from the explosion yesterday is up to 10 now. I shake my head and as I pull my hood down lower I see the report from that guy from last night who was beat to death. I start to walk away and a breaking news report pops up. @JBURGE @Ragnarok @Llamalover@VikeManDan and @Tugboat are all dead from injuries sustained during the explosion.

"Just-in"

A man was murdered last night while performing his job. @squire12 was found with a gunshot wound to his head. Squire was Tracker, Justice Aligned. "The police are investigating the scene, but we expect with the Mayhem going on, we don't expect this to be the last death in the coming days. And now to @Woz over with Sports."

As I walk away, I am sure that more is going to happen, but I need to find those *******s that stole my ID.

Day 2:

Television 90S GIF

Video cuts in
"Ladies and gentlemen this is @Slappy Mc reporting from an undisclosed location. The police feel like they are closing in on the criminals that robbed the bank and by default clearing my name. I have barely had anything to eat for two days. My only source of water has been from storm drains. I am starting to feel like Robin Williams from Jumanji. I however have a duty to report what has gone on today. I have heard lots of rumblings of a bomb, but as of yet I have not heard anymore explosions. I did however hear about an unfortunate Babysitter that was trampled to death by a group of angry people. The babysitter's identity was revealed as @squire12, Justice Aligned."

As I walked down the street past yet another electronics store, those d-bags at Channel 7 were reporting that there was a near-death experience today concerning a bomb threat. The police refused to comment at this point, but the said that all parties involved are in fact safe.

It is getting dark and this gets more dangerous every night. I need to go into hiding. I will try to catch you all up tomorrow on anything else I find. Please be safe. God bless.

Night 2:

The air quality seems to be improving since there hasn't been any explosions in the past day, but the hospital that was bombed burned all the way to the ground. The town is turning on itself every day. You wouldn't believe the number of people breaking into stores and stealing things. The streets are not safe and I feel I am out of places to hide. I was trying to take a nap under my cardboard box in the alley between 11th and Carmichael when I heard the sounds a jingling bell. I peaked out and a man dressed in Santa garb is jovially laughing and trying to pass out gift bags to anyone that will accept it. He bumps into someone and the man gets visually upset. The Santa apologizes and tries to offer him a gift to make up for his blunder. The man refuses and stabs him repeatedly. I can't believe what I just saw. A man was murdered in front of my eyes. I wait until the man sneaks off into the night and go over to check his ID. @wolfeyestrk was Gift Giver, Justice Aligned.

I run down the alley in horror. I can't believe what I just saw. I creep to the nearest dumpster and begin balling my pathetic eyes out. Why would I wish for excitement in this town?! How I wish I could go back to my boring job, with my **** boss and the brown-noser that is always in my business... Get yourself together man! I take a deep breath and peer out into the night and across the street I watch a man walk up to @bcb1213 and whispers in his ear. "I know that you are guilty." He takes a pistol out and puts a bullet in his sternum. BCB collapses and the man disappears into the night. I run across the street and BCB barely mumbles the word, "innocent." BCB was Alignment Cop, Justice Aligned.

I have had enough of this Mayhem, I want to go back to normalcy. I find the closest alley and curl under my box, crying myself to sleep.

Day 3

Television 90S GIF

Video cuts in
"Ladies and gentlemen this is @Slappy Mc reporting from an undisclosed location. I have really good news to report. It appears that the local Sheriffs department hit big when one of their cops@bcb1213 died, they were able to locate the bank robbers from the other day. It appears that the group that consists of @Karmaloop, @Wyld Stallyns, @DingoLadd, @Blue, @MD4L and @PuntMyLumps were apprehended when they tried to take a flight to Puerto Rico earlier today. They received a tip from an 11 year old kid that someone paid him to take an ID card in and hand it to a nervous looking man. Clearly seizing the opportunity they used my ID to try to implicate me in all this madness. It might be safe for me to come out of hiding, but I will wait and see."

As I walked around around there seemed to be a rather large group of people chattering about something. I walked over to see what they were looking at. I see a bunch of people looking up and around and a body lying on the ground. It appears as though someone fell off the parking garage near Tina's Diner on Hawthorn Ave. I quickly find out that he didn't fall, he was pushed. A man in military camo, lay lifeless on the pavement, a bomb diffusal kit in hand. He was identified as @Malfatron, War Veteran Justice Aligned.

When the dust settled the people started to disperse, a man is seen running down the road screaming "I survived! I survived!" and people looked around bewildered. Suddenly a loud explosion was heard close by followed by pure pandemonium. Being that I am a reporter by trade, I feel an obligation to go check it out. I run as fast as I can and find a pack of 3 cars that are engulfed in flames and a man running around missing limbs and a crater sized hole in his chest. He crumbles to the ground in front of me dead. He was later identified as @Pickle Rick, Redirector Justice Aligned.

It is getting dark and this gets more dangerous every night. I need to get off these streets. I will try to catch you all up tomorrow on anything else I find. Please be safe. God bless.

Night 3:

The city is ablaze again. The bomb that exploded led to the whole city going freaking nuts again. Buildings are being looted and set on fire. Molotov cocktails are being thrown into cars. City roads are being blocked off so firefighters, paramedics and police can't enter. It is complete Mayhem.

I struggle to walk down the streets with only my camera around my neck, taking pictures of the destruction that lay in front of me. Just as I snap a picture of a burning building a fight breaks out around me. Several people are brawling and suddenly weapons are drawn. I retreat to the nearest cover spot and lean around the corner taking as many pictures as I can. Bodies are starting to pile up on both sides of the streets as people are in fight or flight mode. It is rapidly becoming time for me to GTFO of this madness. @NS922, @Nazgul, @FinneasGage, @Outpost31, @Scoundrel, @Cheesehawk, @Xmad all were identified in the corpses.

I hastily walk around several corners and end up in front of Channel 5 news, the place I used to call home. The windows are smashed in, the building is covered in graffiti and trash. I walk in and sitting on the table by our war room is a box of Dunkin' Dave's Delicious Donuts. I open the box and look inside, its full. I look down and the take only one sign is still there. I rip it off the table and grab the whole box, rules don't apply anymore.

As I leave the building a man bumps into me and we both fall down. He apologizes and we both get up and exchange pleasantries. I grab my box of donuts and my camera... MY CAMERA! I turn around and that **** is running away with my camera. I drop the donuts and begin chasing after him. Not this time! Just as he rounds the corner, a man with a baseball bat knocks him over. "I've been looking for you. You chose the wrong side." The man in the hoodie begins to stammer, "but you wouldn't believe all the great things I've done..." The man with the bat begins mercilessly beating the man to death. I sneak over and grab my camera and run as fast as I can away, pointing my camera and clicking as many times as I can. I don't know what the frick just happened, but I'm pretty sure he didn't make it.

I get somewhere safe and look at my camera's pictures. Surprisingly I got a good shot of the mans face being beaten to a pulp.index.jpg I recognize that guy. That is @MWil23, the Move-Thief Justice Aligned.

This city is quickly starting to crumble and the numbers of people are starting to dwindle. I don't know how many of us are going to make it out of here alive, but for those that see this, be safe and god bless.

Day 4:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47jv8pe59jgdvflcvtxx

Video cuts in
"Ladies and gentlemen this is @Slappy Mc reporting from a city in ruin. The air is so dense with smoke that *cough* I can barely breathe. *cough* I don't know how much information I can *cough* report. I have a feeling this town is past the point of no return. *cough* I need to... find... shelter. *cough* There has been a couple developments that I *cough* want to tell you about *cough* before I go. Another explosion happened today *cough* killing a bunch of people. Some of them *cough* I am not too upset about. A man with a *cough* bomb strapped to his chest went into the Channel 7 *cough* news building and blew the place to Timbuktu. Good riddance. @theuntouchable exploded, he was the Redirector, Anarchy Aligned. *deep breath* Shortly after that with the city in complete disarray, a bunch of bystanders decided they were tired of Christmas as much as I am and mercilessly beat a man dressed in Santa garb, who was passing out gifts, to death. @JoshstraDaymus was Gift Giver, Justice Aligned. I can't breathe... Everything is... so... blurry... Stay... safe..."

Night 4:

Sirens ring out in the city. The sounds of gunfire and explosions overshadow the cries of people having their entire existence turned upside down. Bodies can be seen in unimaginable positions on sidewalks, on top of cars, in trees and dangling from buildings. Several cars remain burning and the once peaceful city lay in ruins. When the smoke clears only a small group of people remain, walking down the middle of the road. They don soot covered, blood soaked clothes that could pass for something forced through a paper shredder. A subtle laugh can be heard followed by triumphant chatter. They have survived...

The six people that had been strangers not even days before each looked at each other in astonishment at the madness that had transpired over the past 4 days. As they proceeded past the "Now Leaving Mayhem, the friendliest town in America," an explosion that was far worse than anything they had experienced in the past 4 days erupted from the heart of the city. @TheKillerNacho had exacted his revenge. The city that he felt alienated from since his mother, who was so beloved, passed away seemingly turned their backs on him by not even coming to her funeral. He swore they would pay for their slight, tonight he finished the job himself. He walked straight into the local police station and pulled the final pin he would ever pull. No one could survive an explosion of that magnitude. @ET80 (my **** boss and Cultist extraordinaire) @jasonwbantle (the nosy watcher from my job), @titans0021 (the janitor the no-one wanted to be), @Hockey5djh (the local coroner that really likes talking about auto-erotic asphyxiation), @Blahstoise (probably the nicest coworker that takes extra donuts everyday), @Dr LBC (the other tracker that ET hired to keep an eye out for talent on Cult Paradise), @N4L (the other cop that didn't make the cut into the story) and @TheKillerNacho the Bomb Maker, Chaos Aligned.

After the explosion, there were no more screams, there was no more gunfire. The city lay in ruins. The people turn around to continue their escape and suddenly 3 people are staring at 3 people. @Forge the Coward, @ny92mike the Twin and @SwAg the Watcher were all looking down the barrels of three pistols from @Dome the Framer, @The Orca the Concealer and @Whicker the Counterfeit Gift Giver pull their triggers for the last time. Forge, Mike and Swag were all Justice Aligned. The last three survivors all belong to Anarchy Alignment and have won the day.

This game is Role Madness. There are non-traditional roles as well.

Edited by Slappy Mc
  • Like 1

Rules:

Please read to avoid modkill/punishment. (This means you @daboyle250)

1. I'm number 1.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5a9a57eec845dc1bd3

2. Please do not directly quote from your role PMs. Paraphrasing is allowed.
3. Daytime will last 24 hours. Nightime will be 6pm Pacific Standard Time. (9pm EST)
3. You must Bold someones name to vote for them.
4. Each night will last up to 60 minutes. You will have 30 minutes from the time I declare night to send in your moves. Any move sent after will be disregarded as a "no move." (Example for recent events. If I call night at 6PM, any move sent with a timestamp of 6:31 will be disregarded. Moves with an 6:30 timestamp are ok)
5. Please try to remain active, if you cannot for any reason, I will do my best to find a replacement.
6. Editing of posts is ALLOWED as long as the post does not contain a vote. I probably will not be lenient here.
7. Once you are dead, you are dead. Please refrain from posting game related info or liking posts, but a farewell is allowed. Anyone that wishes to join the dead chat may PM me requesting such.
8. Once night is called, you can remain posting anything you want to. However once I say that PMs are going out, please refrain from posting.
9. If there is a tie at the end of the day for the lynch, there will be a 15 minute OT tie-break. The overtime vote starts with a clean slate. In the event a tie is not broken in OT, any players that remain tied will be lynched.
10. Most importantly, thank you for playing and have fun.

*Note* I'm a human. I make mistakes. If you have questions, feel free to ask in thread up until the game starts and once it starts via PM. I will answer anything I feel that won't give an advantage anywhere.

Edited by Slappy Mc

Participants

1. @PickleRick - Bombed Day 3 - Redirector - Justice Aligned
2. @TheKillerNacho
3. @MWil23 - Dead Night 3 - Move Thief - Justice Aligned
4. @Whicker
5. @squire12 - Lynched Day 2 - Babysitter - Justice Aligned
6. @wolfeyestrk - Dead Night 2 - Gift Giver - Justice Aligned
7. @bcb1213 - Dead Night 2 - Alignment Cop - Justice Aligned
8. @Forge - Dead Night 4 - Coward - Justice Aligned
9. @theuntouchable - Bombed Day 4 - Redirector - Anarchy Aligned
10. @SwAg
11. @Malfatron - Lynched Day 3 - War Veteran - Justice Aligned
12. @squire12 - Dead Night 1 - Tracker - Justice Aligned
13. @Venom Sife - Lynched Day 1 - Twin - Justice Aligned
14. @ny92mike
15. @Dome
16. @The Orca
17. @JoshstraDaymus - Lynched Day 4 - Gift Giver - Justice Aligned

Mafia Controls the Majority and has won the game.

Town Win Condition: You win the game when all threats to Justice are eliminated

Tags:

@Counselor@Dome, @Raves, @JoshstraDaymus,@rackcs, @MD4L, @Tk3, @Nazgul, @FinneasGage, @Outpost31, @Ragnarok, @Llamalover, @gopherwrestler, @VikeManDan@Blahstoise, @jasonwbantle, @Hockey5djh, @PuntMyLumps@Cheesehawk@N4L, @Shady Slim@kingseanjohn, @Blue, @Tugboat, @Scoundrel, @AFlaccoSeagulls, @Dr LBC, @ET80, @JBURGE, @Karmaloop, @titans0021, @Wyld Stallyns, @DingoLadd,

Please feel free to tag anyone that I have missed. Also, know that if I have missed you, its not on purpose.

Edited by Slappy Mc
  • Like 1