MCU TA - Elite 8 - Dormammu (4) vs Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch (5)

Deadpulse

Elite 8 - Section 4  

30 members have voted

1. 1. 4th seed vs 5th seed

• Dormammu (4)
    • Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch (5)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/28/2022 at 10:00 PM

Dormammu-Crop.pngVSwandavision-the-scarlet-witch-2022-fan-c

Come one come all to the tournament arc to end all tournament arcs - MCU characters. For those of you who partook in the Best TV Show of All Time contest, this will run very similarly. 

bracket-4.png

Please keep in mind this is NOT a popularity contest. This is a who is the strongest/would win in a fight contest. Please do not consider powerset/abilities from the comics, strictly keep to what has be shown in the MCU. 

Closes Monday 2/28/22 @5pm

@Manny/Patrick @PARROTHEAD @THE DUKE @Acgott @titansNvolsR#1 @Kiltman @thrILL! @TecmoSuperJoe @TitanSlim @Beck Bristow @Bullet Club @Ty21 @kingseanjohn @seminoles1 @Xenos @ET80  @The Gnat @theJ @43M  @WizardHawk @August4th @Breesus mode @Fresh Prince @Outpost31 @INbengalfan  @minutemancl @KManX89  @RamRod @skywindO2 @NcFinest9erFan @KimuraGod @JoshstraDaymus @rob_shadows @AlexGreen#20 @Daniel @Jakuvious @Tetsujin @Blue @broncofan48 @RuskieTitan @NYRaider @showtime @biggio7 @OhioG @diamondbull424 @hornbybrown @Dr LBC

2 hours ago, thrILL! said:

No. More. Dormammu. 

It's tough, because by the logic of this all, he's either fighting these in the Dark dimension.
Or he's in this dimension and brings the dark dimension here.

Wanda has her hands on dark magic now so that can either help or hurt her here.

Tough to choose. Would Wanda's ability to manipulate the mind work on him?
Could she quickly change the reality of the dark dimension? Is that possible?

Dorms is a multiversal being who is the direct tap of dark magic throughout all multiverses.

if she could trick him and then use runes to trap him, but for millennia the greatest sorcerers couldn't come up with a way to scratch him.
She's a step up raw power-wise though.
Would him being here loosen the tethers on all reality? so Wanda being the nexus being would then be infinite herself?

Infinite Wanda's warding, tricking, attacking this near omnipotent being, with all of reality on the line would be the wildest battle we'll probably see.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Dormammu is an immortal and nigh omnipotent entity of darkness and chaos magic.

Wanda struggled with Agatha Christie. This isn't close.

Yeah, I don't see how Dormammu loses. Whether it's in his dimension or not...he is his dimension. If this is just a straight up fight like we're supposed to view all of these, then Dormammu is way too much for Wanda to handle.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah, I don't see how Dormammu loses. Whether it's in his dimension or not...he is his dimension. If this is just a straight up fight like we're supposed to view all of these, then Dormammu is way too much for Wanda to handle.

I dunno.  A noob Dr. Strange beat him rather easily.

45 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I dunno.  A noob Dr. Strange beat him rather easily.

It was a stalemate though because Strange had the time stone. In terms of fighting him Strange couldn’t do anything. It was concede or be trapped in the time loop for eternity.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

I haven't been disappointed at any results so far, even when the person I voted for lost. But this just seems completely illogical to me.

There's a reason the Ancient One wanted absolutely nothing to do with Dormammu.

I voted for Wanda and regret it now. I feel like Toby after the Scranton Stangler trial

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Dormammu is an immortal and nigh omnipotent entity of darkness and chaos magic.

Wanda struggled with Agatha Christie. This isn't close.

Dormammu was thwarted in his first and only appearance. If it looks like a *****