MCU TA - Round 1 - Valkyrie (31) vs Star-Lord (34)

Deadpulse

Round 1 - Section 3  

31 members have voted

1. 1. 31st seed vs 34th seed

• Valkyrie (31)
    • Star-Lord (34)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/15/2021 at 10:00 PM

1517238326-valkyrie-tessa-thompson-thor-VS2d7c60d7-b846-40ec-8cf6-4b5d7d696373-jpg

Come one come all to the tournament arc to end all tournament arcs - MCU characters. For those of you who partook in the Best TV Show of All Time contest, this will run very similarly. 

bracket-2.png

Please keep in mind this is NOT a popularity contest. This is a who is the strongest/would win in a fight contest. Please do not consider powerset/abilities from the comics, strictly keep to what has be shown in the MCU. 

Closes Monday 11/15/21 @5pm

@Manny/Patrick @PARROTHEAD @THE DUKE @Acgott @titansNvolsR#1 @D82 @Kiltman @thrILL! @TecmoSuperJoe @TitanSlim @Beck Bristow @Bullet Club @Ty21 @kingseanjohn @seminoles1 @Xenos @ET80  @The Gnat @theJ @43M  @WizardHawk @August4th @Breesus mode @Fresh Prince @Outpost31 @INbengalfan  @minutemancl @KManX89  @RamRod @skywindO2 @NcFinest9erFan @KimuraGod @JoshstraDaymus @rob_shadows @AlexGreen#20 @Daniel @Jakuvious @Tetsujin @Blue @broncofan48 @RuskieTitan @NYRaider @showtime @biggio7 @OhioG @diamondbull424 @hornbybrown @Dr LBC

I think Valkyrie takes this with medium difficulty.

From what we know atm, Peter was amped to God status only against his dad, otherwise he’s the same Peter that at best stalemates Gamora and at worst loses to her as she had multiple opportunities where she could’ve stuffed a dagger into him, but avoided the kill shot (Peter being saved by Rocket and Groot on one such occasion).

Valkyrie is probably the only warrior that can say they twice faced a bloodlusted Hela and lived to tell the tale. She was able to best Loki in h2h combat, who has shown to be one of the best CQC fighters within the MCU.

If scaled, I’d have Valkyrie above Gamora above Peter. Now if this was Ego planet Peter than he’s a top 5ish combatant. But since it’s not, I’d expect him to be dusted.

Valkyrie appears to be a far more experienced Gamora with similar physicals. She takes this IMO 7.5/10.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 3

Yeah it’s far from the easiest match, but Valkyrie.

End of the day it’s an Asgardian vs a human who is probably just a human now that Ego is gone.

Valkyrie was part of one of the most elite fighting units in the the universe, has many times multiplied years experience on Quill.

Quill’s ability to fight dirty helps, but it’s not like she won’t too.

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

If Ironman/IP can use suits, Strange and Vision can use stones. Then Im giving Peter his Celestial moves. Only fair.

I think it’s more the default state of the character. 
Like Ironman can’t start with the Hulkbuster armor, Strange didn’t have the stone.

Peter only had those powers on and because of Ego. If he’s not there he can’t tap into them. Had they matched up in this then yeah we could say hypothetically Peter got that boost for that round.

14 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think it’s more the default state of the character. 
Like Ironman can’t start with the Hulkbuster armor, Strange didn’t have the stone.

Peter only had those powers on and because of Ego. If he’s not there he can’t tap into them. Had they matched up in this then yeah we could say hypothetically Peter got that boost for that round.

Im still new to all this. But Peter is still half Celestial. Ego said his powers were there because of him. At the moment he was being killed as a desperate plea. But even ignoring that. Why did Ego need to spend countless attempts at making a power source if hes the one supplying the power? Thats like a power company needing homes to make the power they supply the power to.

Like I said. Im still new to all this. So if you could better explain it. Ill listen. But I just saw the movie 1st time recently and that was my takeaway.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

20 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Im still new to all this. But Peter is still half Celestial. Ego said his powers were there because of him. At the moment he was being killed as a desperate plea. But even ignoring that. Why did Ego need to spend countless attempts at making a power source if hes the one supplying the power? Thats like a power company needing homes to make the power they supply the power to.

Like I said. Im still new to all this. So if you could better explain it. Ill listen. But I just saw the movie 1st time recently and that was my takeaway.

Ego = the power source, if he’s dead or not there then Peter wouldn’t be able to tap into it. Ego needed a conduit/battery to expand his power. If you cut the power source from him, he no longer can draw from it. I think Gunn has talked about how he’s just a man now too.

Its essentially like the light attachment on an old gameboy. While attached to the gameboy it can emit light. But if it’s taken off or the gameboy batteries are dead it no longer has a source to draw from. Peter wasn’t a second gameboy necessarily.

I think it’s fine to not put him back to pure human, can have some of the benefits of being half celestial made like being able to hold an infinity stone if it’s there, take a little bit more of a beating.

I suppose you could argue over time Peter would be able to draw from his dad at further distances, but he only had access to those powers for a small blip in time. Or if we are going to be meta with this, Ego is still alive in this tournament so he could have some small level of power away from ego. But that kinda stuff could ruin things with the bracket.

• Like 1