Make A Movie Game: The First Movies

MacReady

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

@Deadpulse, @Malfatron, @Pickle Rick, @The Orca, @MikeT14, @rackcs, everyone...

What do you think about just opening this up to anyone who wants to take part for each project and keeping a running score?

I could add poll options to each voting phase for the next writing prompt.

Also, for the next one, I am going to randomly select an existing franchise to do.  Predator, Terminator, Aliens or a different one.

Sounds good to me 

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Every contestant, what do you think?  Should we eliminate anonymity so you can defend your projects or should we keep it anonymous?

any defense would be disingenuous IMO. Better to get the unbiased critiques. The game is to put together what amounts to a movie pitch, they should stand on their own merits. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Every contestant, what do you think?  Should we eliminate anonymity so you can defend your projects or should we keep it anonymous?

Nah, i wouldnt even want to defend the project, and i wouldnt want to hear anyone else defending their projects either

my posts were in jest, my feelings arent really hurt lol

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

@Deadpulse, @Malfatron, @Pickle Rick, @The Orca, @MikeT14, @rackcs, everyone...

What do you think about just opening this up to anyone who wants to take part for each project and keeping a running score?

I could add poll options to each voting phase for the next writing prompt.

Also, for the next one, I am going to randomly select an existing franchise to do.  Predator, Terminator, Aliens or a different one.

whatever you want 

you really want to participate, dont you ;)

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Defense would be a bad idea, but if anyone wants more detailed feedback or to ask questions, that might be good if they want it.

Of course, that could also be accomplished with PMs.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I don't disagree with anything that was said. It was more or less rushed. I just defended the Tomb Raider part because I've never played it. Otherwise I don't see the need to come to defense.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Malfatron said:

unfortunately, this was out of 100 possible stars

lol.  Everyone should be grateful tbh.  I originally didn't follow directions properly and did ratings out of 5, so everyone had exactly one half as many stars.  🤪

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Also, please don’t get discouraged by low scores.  Remember you were restricted in the story you could tell and this is meant to be fun.  Take criticism as motivation.  I think you all did a fine job.

But seriously, this.  I'm just being a dink, calling the pitch synopses as i see 'em.  Obviously not working with free creative agency or anything.  Besides...gotta leave some headroom and the high scores for later, right?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Malfatron said:
20 minutes ago, The Orca said:
5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm game either way 

yeah, same really

Whatever the host would like.  

Also no reason the host can't participate if ratings are given in thread and prompts are chosen publicly and randomly 

• Like 1